Wanting a display animal. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #1
cornchips
Wanting a display animal.

I have a dozen snakes but they are all rather reclusive and so housed in a backroom.
I want a display animal or animals. I currently have a homemade 4x4x2 that would work if I fixed it up a bit. I can easily install uvb and proper heat.

So suggestions would be welcome. Something more duirnal, maybe tropical.
Im thinking chinese water dragon, frilled dragon
jungle carpet python(although I think Im leaning toward a lizard of some type)

Maybe several of some smaller species?
Nothing hugely expensive or hard to find also prefer captive bred.

Thanks for any help

Old 02-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
John kimball
My favorite display animal is a GTP. They can be pretty nippy though.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #3
Lucille
Easy and stunning: A large, black background tank, grapevine or a nice piece of driftwood, vines and other decor, and several red bearded dragons. The ones that are truly red are extraordinarily beautiful in my opinion, and they are fairly social critters.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #4
Rhacosaurus Gex
I would vote for an arbiters snake. Even when laying around they tend to be out in the open.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #5
sschind
My choice would be a group of Rankins dragons or Eastern Collared lizards. Mostly because of how nicely you could make the cage look as part of the display. IMO larger lizards like Beardeds need larger cage decorations to make things look proportional so going with smaller ones make it easier to duplicate the habitat (for aesthetic reasons as it is going to be a display after all) Collareds are inexpensive and can be found CB if you look. Rankin can be found but not so much on the inexpensive part especially as you will want to have them sexed.

IMO its too small of a cage to get a nice effect for a water dragon or a frilled dragon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!