Opinions on best Rat snake as display animal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-28-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
norsmis
Opinions on best Rat snake as display animal

I am looking for a good rat snake display animal and want opinions on what others think is the best for this ie, stays out in the open more, diurnal compared to nocturnal and the like. I am currently have a few black rats that stay out all the time and they are great about being handled. Any suggestions or opinions?

Old 03-28-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
PaulSage
I'm only familar with a few different rat snake species, but of the ones I've had, I would have to say that the Russian rat snakes (E. schrencki) seem to be the most social and inquisitive. Also, they like to climb and perch, so I would think they'd make a pretty cool display animal. JMO.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
norsmis
Thanks Paul. I was told Russians were good display animals by someone else also and i am currently in search of a Russian rat now.

Any other opinions?

Old 03-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #4
crazycorn
I have always found Everglades to be good displays as well as a few Asian Rats and my Gonyosoma.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
norsmis
I've had Tawaians and they were pretty good about hanging out on their branches but I will have to check out the Everglades. Thanks!

Old 03-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Palex134
I love the way the caves look, as well as coxi (oviously) and mandos, but I think they are shy. I just think they look awesome!

Old 03-28-2006, 05:08 PM   #7
norsmis
Yeah I lvoe all of those too! The bad thing is the most beautiful ones stay hidden all the time. I've worked with cave dwellers and they stay hidden all the time (except when they come out to bite!).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!