KB Exotics (Kenneth Boykin and Kahne Limsana) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
FamilyZoo
KB Exotics (Kenneth Boykin and Kahne Limsana)

1. Ok, I honestly don’t know what to think… but I do have a suspicion.
2. BOI… I never wanted to be here on either end.

-Made a deal to sell two Boas two weeks ago (price included shipping)
-Buyer said he would send a money order overnight so we would have it on Tuesday 12 -June and he wanted them shipped 13 June for a 14 June delivery (buyer stated he would send a tracking number for the overnight delivery of the money order on Monday 11 June). Buyer states he needs shipping prior to the weekend, because he is going on vacation for a couple of weeks, starting on the weekend.
-11 June- comes and goes, no email, no tracking number, we figured he changed his mind
-12 June- we get a phone call from a woman stating to be his wife that they have sent the money via western union. Money was sent by a third party in Canada. Buyer lives in Buffalo, NY (Woman gave spelling of the name, but the spelling was way off)
-13 June -Snakes sent for delivery on 14 June (tracking info emailed)
-14 June- FedEx calls us and states the address doesn’t exist. FedEx leaves messages on two telephone numbers provided. We also leave phone messages. We send multiple Emails. No replies.
-15 June- we contact FedEx at the buyers end and make arrangements for the snakes to be shipped back to us if they are not picked up by. We ask that they hold the snakes at their station as long as possible, but to have them shipped back to us for a (16 June) Saturday delivery.
-15 June 8am- Contact wife on her cell phone. She states someone has already left to pick up the snakes. (No one ever arrives to pick up the snakes)
-16 June- (Saturday) FedEx delivers snakes back to us
-17 June- Receive this email

Hello Mark, I don't know what happened with this situation. What a mess...Well I got one of my assistant to go pickup the boas, but he totally forgot and that is very irresponsible of him...so much so that I fired him aon the spot once I heard of him screwing up! Mad is an understatement on how I feel about this guy and his actions! Well I went today "Saturday" to the FedEx office and was notified that the boas had been sent back. I am so sorry about this incident and it has been a mess for all. I am actually not on vacation...totally skipped it just to make sure the boas are pickedup and are alright. Now I am stuck, the wife is not too happy either, we planned this trip for some time now.
Well please get back to me, and once again I am deeply sorry.
My reply tonight via Email
I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that you didn’t inquire on the health of the boas.

Your wife was notified that if the snakes were not picked up Friday, that Friday evening they would be sent back to us. There was no way I was going to let those animals sit in a box over a weekend. You stated you were going on vacation this weekend and your lack of communication caused this reaction on my part.

When the FedEx shipping charges (both ways) shows up on my account, I will let you know how much you are being refunded. It will probably be a week to 10 days before I know. We will not be doing any further business.
Mark

Mark and Bonny
Family Zoo Reptiles
FamilyZooReptiles.com

Person doing the purchasing says he is Kenneth Boykin Boykin [kb_exotics@hotmail.com]

Money was sent from Canada by Kahane Limsana see http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...kahane+limsana

This all seems so fishy to me. He knew I was sending via FedEx, I didn't pick up that I was sending to a US post office. Looks to me they were going to sneak the snakes north to Canada (I may be wrong). Any suggestions? Who should I send the money back to? This has pissed me off and I dont want to react in anger.

Male seems fine, waiting on the female to come around.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
FamilyZoo
An additional comment. -We took the the money from Western Union in cash, not a check

Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
Wraith
i would say refund whatever amount of money is left over after you take out all of the shipping costs. Refund what's left back to the person who actually sent the money. Then stay away from both of them. I do not think it would be good thing to get caught in the middle of illegal exporting if it turns out that is what they are doing.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
A placed a link on the Canadian thread back to this one.
Quote:

KaHane
Last Activity: 06-17-2007 07:40 PM
Viewing Thread has anybody dealt with kaHane @ 07:40 PM
Maybe, he will post a response.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #5
BigDan
This guy smuggles all his animals across the border and is one of the shdiest guys in Canada.

Check out the Canadian BOI for more info.

He does not go himself as he cannot cross the border if you know what I mean but sends his cronies to over (usually to Buffalo) and they bring them back.

Dan

Old 06-18-2007, 01:21 AM   #6
BigDan
Kahane I should say not too sure who the other guy is.

Dan

Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 AM   #7
liquidleaf
This is interesting. Do you recall WHICH post office this was supposed to be sent to or held at, or did FedEx ever tell you that?

Since Buffalo is my home, I always dislike hearing shady dealings in this area and try to keep track of the jerky people.

Since they did send you the money (though not as they said they would), I doubt they were trying to scam you. It does seem like they're trying to sneak.

If I were you, I would contact the US Border Patrol and/or US Customs with information of all the peoples names that are involved in this. This really concerns me with the upcoming International Herp Symposium being held in Toronto (which is a short 2 hour drive into Canada from Buffalo).

I strongly suspect that these people wanted these animals to sell at reptile shows that are held that weekend (which is NEXT weekend). Blatantly ignoring import/export laws is never good for our hobby.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
liquidleaf
It also seems interesting that the IHS falls right smack-dab in the middle of the buyer's "vacation". Might be pertinent, might not.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:16 AM   #9
FamilyZoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidleaf
This is interesting. Do you recall WHICH post office this was supposed to be sent to or held at, or did FedEx ever tell you that?
It was supposed to be delivered to 701 Washington Street (now I know its a post office). FedEx took it back and held it at a local distrobution building.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #10
liquidleaf
There are 3 phone/address listings for the last name of Boykin within walking distance of that post office, though additionally that PO is in the center of the downtown area and so perhaps whoever was supposed to pick it up works down there.

The three phone listings do not have the name Kenneth or "K", but perhaps one of the listings is a relative. PM me if you would like the 3 listings I found near that area, or just do a search yourself - addresses near zip code 14202 (ie 201, 202, 204) are the ones near the post office.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!