Info Selling of possible fake hets by predetors - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #21
StrictlyExotics
Okay, well, you all know the genetics of the Retic morphs more than I do. Here is the thing, check him out on the BOI, if YOU trust him, buy. If not, dont. I personally dont know, nor was I impressed by his photos. One thing I feel is certain though, someone should make him aware of this thread.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:13 AM   #22
Angel Rojas
I already did.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:16 AM   #23
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Okay, well, you all know the genetics of the Retic morphs more than I do. Here is the thing, check him out on the BOI, if YOU trust him, buy. If not, dont. I personally dont know, nor was I impressed by his photos. One thing I feel is certain though, someone should make him aware of this thread.
I don't trust him at all. I've read his BOI threads. And I don't wish to buy from him. (My personal opinion) +I don't have intrest in breeding anthrax. Just stating info that I've noticed. Sorry if I insulted you Dean.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 AM   #24
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
I don't trust him at all. I've read his BOI threads. And I don't wish to buy from him. (My personal opinion) +I don't have intrest in breeding anthrax. Just stating info that I've noticed. Sorry if I insulted you Dean.
Utta, no insult anywhere in your post. I was just stating a fact :P I dont know Retic morphs at all. I just went to the NERD site where he claimed that he got it and looked up that gene is all. I would rather Pete come and explain in here to all of his potential customers, if there are any.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #25
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Utta, no insult anywhere in your post. I was just stating a fact :P I dont know Retic morphs at all. I just went to the NERD site where he claimed that he got it and looked up that gene is all. I would rather Pete come and explain in here to all of his potential customers, if there are any.
I'd like to hear from pete as well.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #26
Iraqvet
Yeah I dont think thats somthing I would go for either..Especially when the snake has two different producers??And as you guys said,the genes may not add up right...

Old 03-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #27
Mad4You2
Does he say that Bob Clark produced it? It might have come from Bob but it might have been one he picked up from someone else...either way Bob's table always has awesome animals and he could tell you for sure the lineage if he produced it.....maybe he got it from Prehistoric? That could make the change in the story true....just a thought....

Angie Martin

Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #28
Angel Rojas
Well pete posted pix of the parents of these fake hets. Their cages were dirty and they had stuck shed on almost every inch of their body. Not to mention that the pix of the parents clearly shows that they COULD NOT have produced the offspring he claims they did. They look like jamp/mainland crosses.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:38 AM   #29
tatmeup
granitebacks look normal, except for their neck patterning. this is the best way tothink of them.
granitebacks are tigers
anthraxes are the supertigers.
this is the best way to describe the genetics. those are anthraxes period. not hets. they are anthraxes, granitebacks and normals. the cages might be dirty but if they were breeding, i wouldnt of cleaned them either to risk disturbing them. the babies look great.. take seperate pics of the babies and you should have no problem selling them.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #30
Angel Rojas
Exclamation

I know how the anthrax gene works, but what you fail to realize is that he said that the father was 100% het anthrax (which would make him a graniteback) and the mother was 100% het axanthic. Those are 2 different genes, so he would NOT have produced any anthraxes and they would NOT be 100% het axanthic. That's like saying that if I breed my 100% het albino tiger to a normal i'll get super tigers and all the babies are 100% het albino. Seeing those pix that pete posted of the parents, I have to say that neither one of those look anything like a graniteback, and I have seen a graniteback or 2. They look like jamp/mainland crosses. As a matter of fact, I posted this earlier, they look exactly like my 75% jamp 25% mainland female and here's her pic for reference

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!