Bad Guy Predetors or petespredetors@comcast.net - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
mbarnes227
Predetors or petespredetors@comcast.net

I recently had a transaction with "predetors" or petespredetors@comcast.net and it had to be the worst transaction i've made, second to only one but first in seller incompetence. I purchased an adult anery het albino female from him, it took him a month to ship the snake, which this part didn't really make me mad because it's the holidays and what not. The part that really got me going was that he was being very vague in his emails about shipping saying that if we ship today (a Tuesday) that they couldn't guarantee it would get there the next day but should get there by thursday and that he had insulated the box well and it should be fine. At this point i was annoyed because if you pick the right shipping there shouldn't be a problem and thinking that he's at least competent in reptile shipping, i wasn't too mad though i had just had two boas of the same size or even heavier to me through shipyourreptiles.com and they guarantee it next day, they are cheaper than using the regular UPS or FedEx. He just replied "i don't have an account with them" to which I said it's free to get an account and listed reasons why you should use them (i'll copy paste the email for exact wording), he hasn't replied once since then, anyways. I do get the boa on Wednesday at about 4 oclock, and either he was SERIOUSLY trying to save every penny on shipping this snake, is just plain incompetent, or wanted it to die. he had sent it regular united states mail which in itself was appalling to me. This poor snake, who is probably 6 feet, is CRAMMED in a box that is like a 10 inch by 10 inch, in a pillow case i'd MAYBE put a 4 foot snake in that is as small literally as she could physically curl up in, tied as tight as it could go. Not only that, the "good insulation" was nothing more than a few pieces of styrofoam on the bottom and sides (not top) that didn't even fit together, there was at least an inch gap in between them so you know it just let the heat out, which HE DIDN'T USE ANY HEAT PACKS AT ALL, i mean he couldn't fit them in the box if he tried it was so small and no packing, it was just a couple paper towels at the bottom, snake and styrofoam. i'll post pics of the box and snake in comparison if needed. It had froze the night before and I emailed that to him also hoping he had done his job as a shipper, obviously not, and if that wasn't enough, i pull the freezing cold snake out to go warm her up, she flips her head over backwards and stargazes! if that's IBD or a symptom of any other contagious disease he could risk my entire collection! And that doesn't show up overnight. I was downright pissed! and why shouldn't I be? I sent him a very unhappy, though not vulgar, email and still have no reply so please consider it thoroughly if you plan on buying something from this person. He hasn't been nasty with me but he's shown that he cannot be trusted to ship a live animal. If it were a smaller snake it probably would have died.

here's the emails... they go in backwards chronological order, so start from the bottom and read up

To: "petespredetors@comcast.net" <petespredetors@comcast.net>
This is has to be the worst transaction I've ever made. You sent her regular USPS mail crammed in a box and pillowcase that was way too small with crappy insulation and no heat packs! Not only that, she is flipping her head over backwards and stargazing! If she has IBD you could risk my entire collection! That doesn't happen over night so you knowingly sold me an unhealthy snake. I am more than dissatisfied, I am downright pissed.

Sent from my iPhone
Wed, January 6, 2010 1:41:00 PM
Megan Barnes <mbarnes227@yahoo.com>
View Contact
I hope you put heat packs with her cuz it froze last night

Sent from my iPhone

i dont have an account with them
----- Original Message -----
To: petespredetors@comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 2:54:52 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: Re:

Who did you use? I just got 2 20lb boas yesterday with shipyourreptiles.com and they got there today at 10 am and its guaranteed, She can't be in that box more than a night.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 5, 2010, at 12:48 PM, petespredetors@comcast.net wrote:

i just shipped her off but they told me that it might not get their tomarrow but its guarenteed to get their thursday by 3pm when you get it she should be fine i insulated her good

Old 01-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
mbarnes227
forgot to add these after he said "i don't have an account with them"

( no reply )

Tue, January 5, 2010 3:49:35 PM
View Contact
Do you have the tracking number?

Sent from my iPhone
Tue, January 5, 2010 3:40:10 PM
View Contact
it's free to set up an account...

and they're the only one that guarantees live arrival...

Sent from my iPhone

Old 01-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
jamey
That sucks,hopefully the boa is OK and not carrying some disease.There is no excuse for such shoddy shipping or ILLEGAL shipping of snakes through the USPS.
For the other side of the coin.I never understand when buyers do not make sure they know exactly how there snake will be shipped.When he told you it probably would not arrive next day but rather second day,that should have raised a red flag.
Jamey

Old 01-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
mbarnes227
It did! But that was after he had already shipped it. I asked who he used and he wouldn't answer me. I think I even asked who he was going to use back in the begining when i had just paid for it and got no reply either

Old 01-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
Junkyard
Pete has had issues in the past, there is another thread on the BOI about him. His lack of response is not a surprise.

Before you run off saying the snake has IBD because it stargazed (which is not a surefire sign of IBD and every boa does it for the hell of it at least once), why don't you have it vet checked first.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarnes227 View Post
It did! But that was after he had already shipped it. I asked who he used and he wouldn't answer me. I think I even asked who he was going to use back in the begining when i had just paid for it and got no reply either

Have you quarantined the Boa? Have you taken it to a Vet (other illnesses may show similar symptoms)?

It may have a very bad case of R.I. (reacccching here and hoping it's not IBD).

Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
deborahbroadus
You beat me to it, Micheal.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
mbarnes227
I said if it had IBD. I have an vet appointment Monday but there's no way to test for IBD without a necropsy.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
mbarnes227
Yes it's quarantined.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
chamgirl99471
The Facts

The facts of this case and the point the buyer is trying to get across I think are obvious!

Shipping methods used:

1. First and Most Importantly... he didn't notify the buyer who he was using!!

2. He shipped USPS Which is ILLEGAL in the first place and not a real safe way to ship an animal especially in freezing weather because problems seem to arise through them more often then not with delays and whatnot!

3. Poor Shipping package... the snake was way too big for the box it was shipped in and the packing was insufficient for the well being of the snake!

Enough said... I think the seller needs to respond to this post and explain these actions!!!

Thanks for reading... Just my honest opinion!

Cathy Smith

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!