Replying to and Ad - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
klk916
Replying to and Ad

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here. I posted a reply to an ad, and sometimes when I check the thread to see if it was answered my reply is there and sometimes it's not. If it's there, it lists me as the latest post. My concern is that the person who placed the ad is also not seeing it. She is listed as being online, but hasn't answered, which I wouldn't worry about, except for the viewing issue. Am I just not holding my tongue right?

Thanks in advence for any insight,
Kelly

Old 07-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
WebSlave
Just make certain you click the correct button. I very often get such replies sent to me when someone clicks the wrong button, which of course, I simply discard. Most commonly it happens when people simply reply to email notices to subscribed threads, but there must be other ways that people struggle to make this mistake.

Also, I have seen people simply forget to click the SUBMIT button, or perhaps click on something else, which does not POST that reply. This system will normally do what you tell it to do, but not always what you WANT it to do...

Old 07-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
klk916
Wow...you're really on top of it! Thank you. I looked again and it lists me as the most recent post, but when I look at the last post, it's the one before me. I don't know how to send you to the right place if you're of a mind to look at it other than this:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=167363&page=2

Old 07-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
Mistyck
It shows you as answering the thread 2 times. I saw your response there saying that you had some questions and you sent a PM. Give the OP a little bit to see the PM that you sent them, and hopefully they will answer it in a timely manner.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
klk916
Thank you for checking it. You're seeing it as I would expect it to look. I swear I'm not crazy (well that's debatable) but it doesn't appear that way when I look at it, at least not every time. When I looked just now, it listed 13 replies with the original thread starter as the last. It's really not a huge big deal...I need another turtle like I need another hole in the head.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
Utta
Are you viewing it from "user CP"?

Old 07-25-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
WebSlave
You may want to refresh your browser's display when viewing the thread. It sounds to me that you are merely seeing a cached copy of the thread, perhaps in your own PC, and not what is actually on my server.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
klk916
Unhappy

Oh, for crying out loud. That's exactly what it is. Thank you so much, all of you. Apparently, I'm not crazy, just an idiot.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
chamgirl99471
LOL... Not an idiot... people make mistakes.. No biggie.. that's what this forum is here for! Don't worry... It's a mistake I'm sure a few people make but don't ask because they think they would be criticized for it! It's a good question and it's good that you brought it up here where you would get the help you needed.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #10
WebSlave
There is actually a setting in the admin section of this message board script that forces the server to be queried to bypass caches. I normally keep it off because it can cause some substantial server loading increases, but I just enabled it to see if it causes loading or slowness problems. Actually this is also dependent on the browser you are using, as it appears that Safari automatically queries the originating server for every page view rather than relying on cached images.

Caching works well on static pages that rarely change, but in a fast paced atmosphere like it is becoming here, it may not be quite so beneficial. But like everything else, there will always be tradeoffs to be considered.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!