Bad Guy James/ Ember Gecko - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #81
Snake-Queen
That is good to hear!

Sorry you had this experience & hope you find the geckos you want soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #82
Kristi23
I need to add this here so more people are aware of James before buying geckos from him. I'm attaching two screenshots plus two pictures from his website. These are the exact same gecko with two different names and prices. They weren't listed at the same time. The morph was changed to something that could get more money. This is beyond shady and I hope people see this and realize how important it is to research sellers before you buy from them. You can match up the head markings on the geckos in both sets of pictures. I'm sure I'll get attacked from James for this, but it needs to be out there for people to see. I do my best to look out for others that are in the same hobby as me.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #83
Kristi23
Here is another thing for people to watch out for. It is not advised to mix eclipse (raptor) with marble eye. They are not compatible and you can't visually tell them apart. So by doing that, it's unethical and he's selling something as visual for both that he absolutely can't know.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2016, 02:22 PM   #84
Kristi23
Sorry those are so big. I hate that when I scroll through and didn't realize I did it ,too.

Old 03-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #85
GeckoBoa Reptiles
Eclipse and Marble Eye are two completely separate recessive genes and should never be crossed; even the hets and poss hets. In fact, extra precautions need to be taken to make sure the 2 genes are not crossed. I specifically and thoroughly test breed geckos against eclipse before ever introducing the Marble Eye gene to them. It is considered the same as crossing the albino strains and it should never knowingly be done.

Old 03-03-2016, 04:37 PM   #86
juliasara
I wish we knew who had that one on hold. The ads are clearly the same gecko but the birthday's are different, I wonder if either is the actual day or if he even keeps track of that info. It has to be confusing keeping track when your posting different info about the same critter on different sites! Like with compulsive liars, after a while it's hard even for them to tell what is the truth and what is a lie. Thanks for the warning kristi. He was already on my list of people to avoid but hopefully people will search here before buying and see how shady he is.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #87
tlmoon
Wow, the one with the marble eye mix was selling for $1899? Am I reading that right?

Caveat emptor I guess....

Old 03-03-2016, 07:46 PM   #88
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
Wow, the one with the marble eye mix was selling for $1899? Am I reading that right?

Caveat emptor I guess....
I did a double take too! I feel bad for whoever bought it! Given the fact that the gecko basically has unknown genetics they paid almost $2 for a pet gecko. Imo breeding that gecko would be unethical.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:14 PM   #89
Sgtflex
Wow seeing all this I'm kinda glad my deal fell through or I may have paid top dollar for crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!