Adeno Thoughts - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #11
pscaulkins
Jenkznza, I consider a large breeder someone that has experienced adeno and all the other bad stuff beardies can get. That person not putting the money first but genuinely cares about them. What I have seen here is breeders yelling they are sick and tired of hearing about testing and adeno. They say it's nothing but they don't have experience. As a business person myself, I see the reason for this post. That is so sad.

This whole adeno thing reminds when the graissere virus (the virus is harmless but the worms are immune suppressed from it so they can get the bad bacteria that Jeff experienced) came out in silkworms and hornworms 3 years ago. This is a whole topic by itself so I will not go into it now.

Draggintails, thank you for reminding me to read it. I did and on page 9 of the report 4.1 What we know, it states adenovirus is associated with disease in bearded dragon. Many infected animals are asymptomatic. I knew this because I have two now but many is not all and doesn't mean husbandry is the reason.

For me to say that about not breeding, I know I read about it somewhere but don't have the time or energy to find it. A year ago, I had every article and website bookmarked and saved on my computer but the computer crashed and I had to get a new one and didn't have the time to do the research again.

I knew that AV was in Australia. I just read about a while ago.

I am not attacking anyone. I am like a lot of people that just want proof of what the breeders has stated.

Sorry, I do not know how to quote on this site.
Mooing Tricycle What was the reason all those new bearded people come over from the other forums anyway?

I have been a member here for a while. I just don't post much. I joined to read the threads arguments...To bad this forum can't have a friendly discussion so people would actually learn something instead of defending themselves. BTW, I am not new to bearded dragons.