Bad Guy Wendy Childs, Reptile Addictions - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #31
Fedawg
wow way to slam someone caz you don't like them should be deleted. If you have alegit problem , post it otherwise , thinking b4 you hit submit would be great.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #32
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzdanz View Post
To my knowledge nobody asked if they where.
The above quote was made in response to the following post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd View Post
To my knowledge none of the other local shops are affiliated with wendy childs.
which, of course, was made in response to THIS post (passage bolded by my, for emphasis)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelliebear View Post
I've heard of the new store in Northtown, Rasmussen's Reptiles--is Wendy affiliated with them? I wonder if they're..."up to par" with her shop.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #33
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
It is my understanding that she is selling the store (see the Miscellaneous section under the Classifieds) and that the store is going out of business. That might explain the need for cash.
Wasn't she moving into a much larger location last year?

Old 08-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #34
KingBowser
Charging a fee to enter a pet shop would never fly here in OKC....although I do understand the concept. However, it would probably be the last thing I would come up with if business was slipping.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:11 AM   #35
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I sent Wendy a PM with a link to this thread.
Oddly enough there has not been a response from her. She must be too busy collecting the $5.00 admission fees to respond.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 AM   #36
hhmoore
I haven't checked her profile since I sent that PM; but, as of that day, she hadn't logged onto this site in nearly a month.

Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #37
kmurphy
Actually I am surprised that this thread is allowed to remain in the BOI and not transferred to the General Business Forum. She can do what she wants with her store IMO. If someone doesn't want to pay $5 to enter her store than they just don't enter. They don't purchase from her and they move on. Why is this here?

Old 08-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #38
Fedawg
I agree 100% kevin , this is totally out of line.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #39
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
Actually I am surprised that this thread is allowed to remain in the BOI and not transferred to the General Business Forum. She can do what she wants with her store IMO. If someone doesn't want to pay $5 to enter her store than they just don't enter. They don't purchase from her and they move on. Why is this here?
Kevin makes a good point. Had there been a female ball python in the store this post would most likely not be here. We can't be upset at someone simply because they don't have what we are looking for. Because it really boils down to that, the $5 are a non-issue as the potential client paid for it willingly.

Old 08-24-2010, 04:20 AM   #40
ReptileAddictions
I dont have time to read all these replies. I will tommorrow. It is late.

The "store" is changing to an "education center" and is being designed as such. It is being treated like a zoo, so we are changing it to a zoo. Example. Door count Sunday was 342 people. Out of those there was 22 transactions. Spokane has never had a place quiet like this and we are trying to adapt to it. I can not afford to pay people to look after children touching things, breaking things, running, screaming, putting finger prints all over, answering 5000 questions on a simple 22 sales.

If they want a zoo, they got it. They have to pay for it like any other place.

For our regular purchasing customers, they dont mind, they are buying anyways and their $5 goes to their purchase. They can actually get an employee to help them who is freed up of the masses.

The admission fee is APPLIED to any purchase. Had you asked at the door if we had what you were looking for someone would have gladly answered you before you paid admission.

We currently have 56 ball python morphs in stock (crummy selection?)13 of those being female.To say we have NO females is not true. It seems we didnt have THE female you were looking for.

There are over 100 phone calls a day. In order to keep costs down my employees spend their hours cleaning and feeding, and helping customers on hand.If you would like me to hire a secretary, the "cheapest place in town" will be no more. There is a very informative 5 minute message that should tell you almost everything you need to know.

There is no possible way to maintain and keep a website updated for the 869 animals in store all day. Thats not even realistic. We dont sell them on line and dont offer the in store animals on line.,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!