Bad Guy Stay away from first choice reptiles!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
MuayThaipan
Stay away from first choice reptiles!!!

Well since getting screwed on herp orders seems to be a theme lately let me ask a question. I ordered an ornate horned frog, a pyxie frog, and a budgetts frog. Well the order came in and the Budgetts frog is not there. The pyxie frog seemed a little rough looking but it's very small. Seems to be acting better since I set it up. The Budgetts frog was of course the most expensive animal in the order and it was on the receipt and I got charged for it but it's not there. I have already contacted the supplier but not got a response yet. What would you guys want them to do to make this right if it was you? They also delayed shipping three times I seen some good and reviews from them and decided to give them a try bad move. Never order from theses guys. The animals that did come in where awful the horned frog only has one eye and I was correct that there was something wrong with the pyxie. Bad news about my pyxie frog after I removed him from the feeding area he jumped in his water bowl and died. I'm really hoping that he is just stressed and playing dead but he acted weird since I had him. Never ever order from a place just because they have good prices I also had a budgetts frog in the order but it wasn't in the box but I got charged for it. They said they would refund my money ASAP but haven't recieved it yet. Never ever ever order from First choice reptiles. How they've been in buisness this long astounds me! Like I said he offered me my $30.00 back for the budgetts but has not addressed sending me a half dead pyxie and a one eyecup horn frog. What should I do???
Regards,
Douglas L Williams

Old 09-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
Borgy76
Chalk it up to a bad experience, move on, maybe purchase an animal you can see in person before handing money over to a stranger? Really sucks that things are this way, which makes me not want to even think about making a purchase over the internet.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
laterob
I'm confused. You said you got no response from the supplier, but you also said they offered you $30.00 off.

Can you post the receipt, the emails, etc. to back up your claims?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
AppEcto
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaipan View Post
The Budgetts frog was of course the most expensive animal in the order and it was on the receipt and I got charged for it but it's not there. I have already contacted the supplier but not got a response yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThaipan View Post
I also had a budgetts frog in the order but it wasn't in the box but I got charged for it. They said they would refund my money ASAP but haven't recieved it yet. ...Like I said he offered me my $30.00 back for the budgetts

I'm confused?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
MuayThaipan
Sorry I hadn't got a response at the time. Then the offer. I will post the receipt. And the e-mails.
Budgetts Frog For Sale
$35.00 USD 1 $35.00 USD

Baby Pixie Frog For Sale
$27.00 USD 1 $27.00 USD

Ornate Pac Man Frog For Sale
$27.00 USD 1 $27.00 USD

Subtotal: $89.00 USD
Shipping and handling: $43.00 USD
Total: $132.00 USD
Receipt No:
Please keep this number for future reference, as your customer doesn't have a PayPal Transaction ID for this payment.
Questions? Visit the Help Center at: www.paypal.com/help.
Thanks for using PayPal – the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online.
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID
This order is going out today, sorry about that been a crazy week.

Nick Mole
First Choice Reptiles
Import/export live reptiles and amphibian

Doug,

Sorry about that once again. I thought ernest emailed you about the change in the order. We will send you a refund for the missing animal asap.

Nick Mole
First Choice Reptiles
Import/export live reptiles and amphibians

I have yet to get my refund and nothing was said about the sick and injured animals.

Here are my emails to him.

We have a problem. I got charged the full amount for my order but I only got a pyxie frog and a horned frog. Where's the budgetts frog? I got charged for it but it's not here. The horned frog looks all right but the pyxie looks half dead. Mind telling me where the rest of my order is?

Sent from my iPhone

One more problem while feeding my new animals the pacman eats great just ate 9 wax worms the pyxie is looking better but not eating. Here's the problem while feeding the ornate I notice it has no left eye! The pacman is half blind! I feel this is a B-grade animal and think that sending me a healthy WHOLE ornate and the Budgetts frog that did not come is in order since I already paid shipping on this animal it is of my opinion that you should pay the shipping fee since I already ordered the frog and was charged for it but it did not come in the box I paid shipping on. I know mistakes happen. But please help make this right for me.
Regards,
Doug Williams

Guys I'm starting to get a little upset. Why have you not addressed my issues I paid over $130 for my frogs. The ornate has one eye the pyxie can barely move and the Budgetts frog wasn't even sent. We need to fix this before I have to take legal action. I'll wait until Monday for a reply. If I don't get it then I'll take things into my own hands. I sell reptiles myself and have ordered thousands never have I not recieved one of the animals I was charged for. I also check all my herps before selling them and I would never sell anyone an injured or obviously sick animal. If this happened to a customer of mine I would send them a new horned frog and the budgetts frog they PAID for. I would also pay shipping because the animal was supposed to have been shipped with the order shipping was already paid for. Please let's fix this. Get back to me.

Thanks for the reply I Diddnt mean to come off as hostile just got a little worried when I Diddnt get a response. Thanks for the refund I'll keep my eye out for it. Where you guys out of Budgetts frogs or something.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 8, 2013, at 11:20, Nick Mole <fcreptilesinc@yahoo.com> wrote:

Doug,

Sorry about that once again. I thought ernest emailed you about the change in the order. We will send you a refund for the missing animal asap.

Nick Mole
First Choice Reptiles
Import/export live reptiles and amphibians

Old 09-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
MuayThaipan
But I never got a refund and the sick animals where never adressed.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
allesuberschildkroten
Whats the time lapse for all of this???

Old 09-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #8
LauraB
Quote:
Whats the time lapse for all of this???
Quote:
This order is going out today, sorry about that been a crazy week.
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2013, at 11:20, Nick Mole <fcreptilesinc@yahoo.com> wrote:
Doug,
Sounds like the transaction was recent and there were shipping delays. And what "change in the order" was Ernest supposed to contact the OP about?

Perhaps some readers may think the OP posted prematurely. If I order and pay for 3 animals that are advertised with no health issues honestly disclosed by the seller and I receive only 2 animals, one of which is missing an eye not disclosed by the seller, and one that dies soon after purchase, and am still missing one animal that was advertised and paid for ... well, I might just might post as well. If there is a "change" in my paid-for order, then yeah, somebody better let me know. If my paid-for animal is missing an eye, then yeah, somebody better let me know in advance. It's not like the guy ordered too many animals to count or properly manage or represent!

It's only been a couple days since the OP was advised he would get a refund; I'm sure it is forthcoming.

To the OP ... do you have experience in keeping these species? Were they advertised as WC (as they sound like they may have been)? Where were the ads?

Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
allesuberschildkroten
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Perhaps some readers may think the OP posted prematurely.
I'm not saying that. I was just curious because he said they weren't responding. I was just wondering the time lapse of them actually really responding to his emails. And how long its been since they haven't addressed the other issues with the defective animals. Sry I should have been more clear in what I was asking

Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #10
hhmoore
I think there is relevance to the question of time - what day were the animals received, when was the missing eye noticed (that's a big defect to overlook, even on a small frog)? Assuming that the notification of the missing Budgett frog was on the day of arrival, when were the other emails sent - was it over a period of days...or hours?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!