Customer Refunds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
atheris978
Customer Refunds

I have a question and I hope it belong here.
I have a customer who contacted me begging me to hold a particular animal for him. He sent over a partial payment and said he would send over the remainder that evening. He did. Then he began asking questions over and over, making certain the animal was captive born. I assured him it was. Over the next few days, he asked the question over and over. 3 days later, hours before the agreed ship out date, he sends me an email asking for his money back due to him finding another similar specimen closer to his location. Now the animal was removed from the availability list and boxed for shipping in the morning. Time and effort was spent, not to mention the specimen was de-listed under the availability area. He wants a 100% refund like it was no big deal.
I'd like any thoughts on the matter. I have no problem refunding the 75% of the purchase.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
hhmoore
This has been moved to the General Business Discussions forum.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
dumje
whats up steve...(friend of Joe Terry)...anyways...I agree with you to a certain extent...the issue you have is...did you clearly state this in the terms of the deal...Im just saying this because it will be brought up...its a pain in the ass that this happens but in this business it happens alot....

Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 AM   #4
hhmoore
Personally, if I hadn't turned away other serious buyers, I would probably just refund the whole thing.

Old 07-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #5
atheris978
That is the problem. I did turn away a young lady who did not notice the marked as sold I put on the add. I'm going to contact her and see if she is still interested.
I'm going to refund his money and reserve the right to not sell to him.
His line of questions and his actions were odd to say the least.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
atheris978
Update of who I was dealing with

Prior to refunding his funds in the morning, this guy emailed me 12 times and called me on the telephone 18 times from 12 midnight until 4:30am. Sending nasty emails he was going to report me to the BBB and that he was going to refuse the package, etc. I was nothing but professional to him and bent over backward with customer service for him.
If you get and email that goes " Call me right aways asap, I am very interested in your snake (949) XXX XXXX"
This guy was a total nut. And a total nightmare customer.
As I was refunding his funds, he was still sending nasty emails.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheris978 View Post
Prior to refunding his funds in the morning, this guy emailed me 12 times and called me on the telephone 18 times from 12 midnight until 4:30am. Sending nasty emails he was going to report me to the BBB and that he was going to refuse the package, etc. I was nothing but professional to him and bent over backward with customer service for him.
If you get and email that goes " Call me right aways asap, I am very interested in your snake (949) XXX XXXX"
This guy was a total nut. And a total nightmare customer.
As I was refunding his funds, he was still sending nasty emails.
Are you familiar with the BOI? I would post his name and info in there. Not only is that very rude, but you can save a lot of sellers the trouble. I search everyone before I sell something to them and this guy wouldn't make it to the finals.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #8
dumje
I would agree 100%...its 1 thing being wishy washy when it comes to deciding...but money sent...then backing out...and then no stop phone calls and emails in less than a 12 hour period...sounds like someone I used to be partnered with and I for one do not wish that on anyone...

Old 07-19-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
sschind
It sucks but consider yourself lucky. Sometimes the best sales are the ones that don't go through. This guy has "problem customer" written all over him.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
rcarichter
It was not in any way your fault, and you did the smart thing. The price of being successful in any small business is knowing how to quiet the crazies. If this guy was complaining endlessly on your phone, it would've been a very small leap before he was complaining on the forums. Then you're left in the position, through no fault of your own, of telling and defending your side of the story. Faster to refund the money. Repeat customers will learn of your reputation and ignore baseless rumors, but the all-important first time buyer will likely avoid anyone associated with any drama.

Noelle

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!