Inquiry DTS herp farm - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM   #51
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
Not sure if the poster who claimed to rethink his decision was sincere or not.....I don't think he was, but that doesn't really matter.

I wouldn't have posted anything if the comments had been directed solely at Dan from Kingpin. His actions will likely impact those to whom he resells Scolaro's questionable stock. One or 2 hobbyists looking for a hard to find animal that gets lucky could probably be handled a little differently.
After backing up and looking at it, you are correct.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #52
redhood23
Just to make it clear, I am being sincere.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:48 PM   #53
nickolasanastasiou
I much prefer when people share their experiences, good or bad, and do not feel pressured against doing so for the sake of maintaining a unidimensional theme. It robs the reader of some clarity.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #54
SofaKing
I purchased a few snakes from Dan 1-1/2 - 2 yrs ago. Somewhere between $900-1200.00 worth, can't truly remember. I didn't know about the bad guy threads until after I got my snakes.

Snakes seemed good for awhile, until they all died over a course of 3-4 months.

Since that happened, I chalked it up as a learning experience and I rather stick with shows, I even look on the BOI to check out some of the vendors that tend. I haven't made a purchase on line since. I was left with a bad taste in my mouth!

Old 08-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #55
MightyHerp
So as a bit of a noob here I have to say I am glad I found this thread - which was purely by chance..
I have enjoyed reading the banter but also found it interesting that this Dan dude is still in business.
You see I was just about to buy some stuff from him (i have 3 hatchling mussies that just won't eat and he has little hatchling brown snakes that would go well) but before I got any info out of him he's sending me his PayPal address = red flag.
I'm in a jam... I need small snakes and cheap... till I get these guys onto rodents. But I sure as hell don't want to support this clown...

These threads are invaluable to us so lets keep them going.
I agree with David and others, we can't support this guy and people openly defending him given his rep is not beneficial.
This guy sounds like he moves "lots of inventory" and has little concern about anything other than the almighty $$$.

Old 08-13-2014, 11:04 PM   #56
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
Thanks for that. That makes another member who will support a PROVEN bad guy. Hopefully you will never have a problem, but it is going to be funny when you do. Would you also let Charlie Manson babysit for you. Maybe you haven't read all of the bad guy threads about him. Anyone else?
You seem to troll people who don't agree with you.
It's not your money so not your problem.
Everytime i read a post your there moaning and groaning.
Why not shut up about people spending there money how they choose.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #57
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmebabee View Post
It's not your money so not your problem.
You are right about people can spend their money how they choose, BUT, supporting people like Dan is detrimental to the herp community as a whole.
Shady sellers/importers/brokers embody the dark side of keeping reptiles. The more negativity that is associated with reptiles, the more restrictions reptile keepers will suffer.
Whether you agree with David S. or not, we do need to work to keep the hobby clean and usually that means not supporting those who would be detrimental to the hobby.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:37 PM   #58
jusmebabee
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
You are right about people can spend their money how they choose, BUT, supporting people like Dan is detrimental to the herp community as a whole.
Shady sellers/importers/brokers embody the dark side of keeping reptiles. The more negativity that is associated with reptiles, the more restrictions reptile keepers will suffer.
Whether you agree with David S. or not, we do need to work to keep the hobby clean and usually that means not supporting those who would be detrimental to the hobby.
My only point is the way he goes after people. Almost to the point of making people not want to post due to his nonsense.
I'm not supporting bad guys but I won't stalk people who do.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #59
allesuberschildkroten
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I think a valid point is being made here. Just as it has in the past when this sort of thing was addressed then. Anyone interested in putting their two cents in is encouraged to take such discussion HERE. -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=236965
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboa View Post
This isn't a cheerleader forum. DTS reputation is such that it is risky to deal with him from a business standpoint and a health standpoint. you bet we are going to post our negative opinions and question those that do business with him. That indeed is what the forum is for. Those that have had good dealings with DTS are lucky and people do need to be warned ahead of time.
Treeboa, I think you need to read that comment. Bc this happens a lot on the BOI and its a valid point to not ridicule people if you want them to post. This forum is not to put people down in that manner. Webslave provided a link for you to do so.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:40 AM   #60
treeboa
I want to make clear the only Dan's a good guy poster I had a problem with was Kingpin. Mike knows full well about Dan and still deals with him on a large scale. I have considered buying from him on occasion and after reading this thread am so glad I didn't.

About the bullying thing, I just don't see it. If someone says they know someone's rep and still deals with them I think we should be able to ask them why. What constitutes an attack anyway? Pointing out Scolaro's many bad guy threads? Posting links to them? In other words, how far do we go to coddle people? The day someone like Scolaro is able to have unquestioned good guy threads on here is the day I'm out of here. (I know who cares, lol!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!