HELP NEEDED, het albino pair had litter - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
bigdee
Stop! HELP NEEDED, het albino pair had litter

I have to get a cam to post pics. My het albino poss het snow pair had babies. I tried to breed them like 3yrs ago and they locked up but no babies, now i was going to sell them and i havent checked on them in some time. Well all of a sudden on 5/24 I go to check on the heat and WOW there are babies. I did not even expect this and i had seperated them months ago. There was 18 babies and 5 of which are albinos, 1 norm was dead from the door then a albino and another albino a day or so later and yesterday i find another albino dead. Im pissed and hope the 2 make it they look ok and I gave them heat pads. I was wondering if I can put them in the attic where the temp is in the 90's is this ok? or is this too much heat? Also what are good projects I can work on with the albinos and what would I need to make what? like I have alinos and what would I need to make snows, sunglows etc.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
they need a warm side AND a cool side. i think a vet trip is in order. DO not put them in your attic.....

Old 06-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #3
hhmoore
dead from the door?? please explain.
and no, don't put them in the attic.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
garweft
Albinos sometimes have a higher mortality than normal neonates, it's kinda the dirty little secret of boa morphs. However, I would not use it as an excuse for your losses.

Make sure they are set up correctly. I'm guessing you know how since you had planned to breed them and would have done this research on newborn care already. Get a necropsy done on the dead ones, and if something shows up from the necropsy that needs fixed, fix it.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdee
now i was going to sell them and i havent checked on them in some time.
How long is, "in some time"?

Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
Biscuit71
I'm not one to judge because i have made my share of mistakes and such, but it seems like these snakes were bred, and not exactly given the care that a gravid mom should be given. Especially if the babies were a suprise and all. But that is neither here nor there, point is, the babies have to be given the best possible care, so do what needs to be done, give them thier own small enclosure with a warm and cool side, make sure they are taken care of properly, read about the care of Neos, and listen to all advice.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:42 AM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit71
I'm not one to judge because i have made my share of mistakes and such, but it seems like these snakes were bred, and not exactly given the care that a gravid mom should be given. Especially if the babies were a suprise and all. But that is neither here nor there, point is, the babies have to be given the best possible care, so do what needs to be done, give them thier own small enclosure with a warm and cool side, make sure they are taken care of properly, read about the care of Neos, and listen to all advice.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
Metachrosis
Im still waiting on the "DOOR" thing ......?

M/

Old 06-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #9
Biscuit71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis
Im still waiting on the "DOOR" thing ......?

M/
lol.... was wondering the same thing... as a matter of fact, ANY response that we are being heard would be a nice start....

Old 06-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #10
INSANE CANES
So how are the babies doing?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!