The ignorant comments... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
mmfrankford
The ignorant comments...

OK I was looking at Walking with Dinosaurs videos on Youtube today. I noticed this yahoo would post his "opinions" about evolution and dinosaurs.
Here it is:

Pickinbuddy,
"These days, all the dinosaurs are depicted as walking with their tails straight out--this is because all the evolutionists are frantically trying to somehow "prove" that they evolved into birds. Dinosaurs dragged their tails, as previously thought and previously depicted in the Charles E. Knight paintings.
The proof of this, is that the 'modern dinosaurs' of today--the giant Monitor lizards; Komodo Dragons; Sea Iguanas and all the Crocodilians ALL drag their heavy tails behind them."

I had to write back:

Mmfrankford,
"Pickinbuddy, where are you getting your comments from?? Dinosaur tails did not drag on the ground, it has nothing to do with evolutionists as you are calling them, but the Fact that the tail of dinosaurs would have to have vertebrae broken to drag on the ground. That would be also why there are NO tail marks along with the fossil footprints. Also by the way the modern lizards are not part of the same family of animals as dinosaurs were, so to compare the two is ridiculous. So before you make more of your opinions, you should study up on dinosaur anatomy and reptile classification.

And before you go calling me an evolutionist, atheist, etc... I am a christian. I love animals and those also that came before. Dinosaurs are merely animals, and ones that are misinterpreted more than most."

I felt like ranting more, but tried to be civil. It's sad that a part of the christian community believe all paleontologists are atheist out to destroy God by using evolution as proof. By the way the paleontologist who helped modernize our view of dinosaurs (that includes the proof that tails were not dragged, Robert T. Bakker , is also a pastor. They see as I see dinosaurs as amazing animals and all they are trying to do is understand these animals and how they fit in with other animals in the scheme of things.
To explain I am a paleoartist and know people in the paleontology community. It just gets on my nerves to see such ignorant comments thrown around and spread to others who don't know any different.

I'll now step off my soap box. Thank you for bearing with me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!