Pics of my girl - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
akaangela
Pics of my girl

I just wanted to share my pics of my girl that I am hoping will give me babies this year. Spots (I know not an orginal name) Now if you look closely at her you will see her back has funny indents on it (not nice and smooth) what could this mean?

more photos comming soon

Old 01-17-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
akaangela
side photo

This is a side shot of her. She is about 2100g. You can see part of the male I just put back in with her in the first photo.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:47 AM   #3
LukaTisus
Curious, how long as she been with the male? Did she have the indentations before? Almost looks like she's 'lumping up' as it's called.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 AM   #4
akaangela
She has been with the male off and on (3 days on 3 days off) for about a month. She seems to be receptive to him and locks almost every time I put him in. This is my first year trying to breed and I am excited about it

Old 01-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #5
akaangela
sorry didn't answer the second part of the question. No she has never had the indents before.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:11 AM   #6
LukaTisus
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela
She has been with the male off and on (3 days on 3 days off) for about a month. She seems to be receptive to him and locks almost every time I put him in. This is my first year trying to breed and I am excited about it
Oh man, I would be too! I won't be set to start breeding until probably Fall of '09. That's about when my girls should be good and ready, and I'm super excited about it already! I've got a 1.1 pair of 100% het for high-contrast albino, a female normal, male mojave, male pastel, and I've got a gorgeous female mojave coming soon. I'm definetely looking forward to producing a blue-eyed leucy for myself.
Definetely can't wait!

Old 01-17-2008, 02:13 AM   #7
LukaTisus
Lol, don't quote me on this, but I think the indents are a sign of a possible ovulation. I'm not sure though, someone experienced in breeding would likely know better than I do as I obviously haven't bred yet.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 AM   #8
akaangela
Thanks

This girl is 50% het for albino (I got her sister from the same clutch) and my male is 100% het for albino. So IF I am really really lucky I will get a albino baby. I have one 100% het albino girl but she wont be ready to breed till next year or the year after.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:21 AM   #9
LukaTisus
Sweet! That's awesome, good luck with that! Definetely wanna see some pictures if she does produce and you get a little albino baby. Lol, I'm so excited about it, myself.. I had a dream the other night that they were breeding already, which's pretty bad. XD

Old 01-17-2008, 03:47 AM   #10
Hack the Maniac
She looks pretty swollen in the lower half to me. I would say you'll probably have some eggs coming.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!