Lynne at Boasandballs.com WATCH OUT! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
jdragoneye
Lynne at Boasandballs.com WATCH OUT!

I purchased a columbian "male" red tail boa from her back in august. Well needless to say I recently just found a very good local breeder who knows how to PROPERLY sex snakes and I just found out that my "male" just so happens to be a definite female. I also discovered that my female red tail is also a pastel. How this eluded a "professional" breeder is quite baffling. Before I bought HER I looked at this site and saw plenty of positive feedback about boasandballs.com.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
rabernet
And what did Lynne have to say about this when you contacted her to let her know of the mistake? You have contacted her, right?

Old 03-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
Wilomn
Could you post a picture, actually a couple of them, of your snake please?

The side shot would be good and one of the ventral side of her tail.

thanks

Old 03-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
jdragoneye
Right now she is probably checking her records and seeing what particular snake I bought from her. She also asked about how the person sexed her and if he used the right size prob. In my opinion this could just be a big error or accident but still.As for the pics I need to let my camera charge so I will post the pics up later today.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
hhmoore
seems like "watch out" may have been a bit premature....

Old 03-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #6
Gary O
Just a note. Pastel in Boas is misused a lot. I see just clean Columbians marked as pastel all the time. Just a bit of info

Old 03-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
seems like "watch out" may have been a bit premature....
OOPS - I just noticed that you purchased the snake in August...
Just how recently did you decide/discover it was incorrectly sexed?
And how recently did you notify the seller?

My original statement was based upon your post that she was probably going through her records to see exactly which snake she sold you.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
jdragoneye
It may be premature or it may not but in my opinion this was something I thought I should bring up.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #9
grandmagreen
Is this the same snake?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=107706

Old 03-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
jdragoneye
That is correct, but that reply was before I had a chance to get her both probed and poped.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!