mike stafani bad seller poor custemer service - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
greatlakesreptiles
Thumbs down mike stafani bad seller poor custemer service

i emailed mike about placing a order .we placed a order and sent our phone number and asked for his several times .the reason its easy er to do business over the phone then in email but i was trusting he told me they would b ship ed then they wasn't ship ed cuz he was in the hospital OK i understand things happen then he gives me a bogus tracking number again contacted him his wife sent me the right one finally then they were ship ed i never received them they were left on my front steps and stolen if even delivered .i could have been tracking if i had the right tracking number we contacted mike about this and dhl they said they would replace my order or refund my money we told them we would send another money order i needed food for crittershe declined saying bad shipping well there are lots of other methods to ship things.his wife sent us a email saying it takes 72 hours for a claim to go through .so last wed i sent a mail asking about the claim the reply was they left a message to call them back well today is Monday and dhl says no claim has been made on this shipment and again a mail saying they will send after they are reimbursed .well with no claim being made i don't see that happening even after all the drama over this order still no phone call why would people hide behind email?makes one think what was in the package a brick dirt who knows we are to the point now that we would like a refund as his wife offered per email .so all mikes Cheer leaders can run to his defense i dint care who you are this isn't how you do business thanks dale Ross once again mike here is my number 231 288 1819 this would have been avoided with a simple call to make us feel like a customer and not short emails implying i did something wrong the only wrong thing i did was try and buy roaches from mike stefani thanks for your time to read this .dale Ross@greatlakesreptiles

Old 05-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Cat_72
Dale,

Your post is a bit hard to read (a little punctuation and such goes a long way, lol), but let me see if I have the jist of it.....you purchased an order of roaches from Mike, they did not arrive as planned....you are told that he is in the hospital. The initial tracking number was incorrect, so Mike's wife then gave you the correct one, and they showed as having been delivered, but you never received them? And Mike's wife said he is waiting on a claim from DHL to resend?

If I'm understanding correctly, it happens with any carrier you use from time to time, either delivered to the wrong address entirely. More often, the package is left on your doorstep. While if this is actually the case, I don't know why Mike would wait for a claim to go through to resend the roaches. You were offered a refund, why did you not take it and simply order from elsewhere?

Many people prefer to do business through email and not over the phone, specifically because you then have written proof of the transaction, on the phone you do not have this protection. Posting what emails you DO have on here, as well as perhaps the tracking number, would lend some credibility to your claim.

I did PM Mike to inform him of this thread, hopefully he will address it here and we can all have some answers. He has many "good guy" threads here already, I do find it a bit hard to believe that he would purposely risk his reputation over a single shipment of roaches. There may just be a complete misunderstanding....or if he is actually in the hospital, there is a very good chance that his wife is just overwhelmed, and the last thing she needs to worry about (unfortunately for you) is a box of roaches.

Old 05-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
greatlakesreptiles
to cat

he was in the hospital for a day i was willing to wate for dhl to handle the mater but thursday i was told they had to call dhl back as they called and left a message .i talked to dhl today monday and they said no claim has been made.i was willing to wate thinking they shouldnt pay for dhl mistakes i even offerd to send another order being money order becouse i dont ask for anything for free .but now it seems like a runaround.and what good would a tracking number do ? so like i said all mikes cheer leaders can come to his rescue .if the shoe fits ware it i know i was told they would b shipped one day .they wernt.then wrong tracking number.then i never recieved any roaches .pretty simple if you ask me

Old 05-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
Cat_72
Dale,

I don't know Mike, I am not a "cheerleader". It's just that, IMO, it seems to have been a big mixup, and as long as you were offered a refund right off the bat, and they refused to let you send another money order, I think that labeling him a "bad seller" seems very premature, and perhaps unfair....especially with his already proven track record here.

I don't blame you for wanting your roaches, and I wouldn't be happy in your shoes either, but think a little restraint could have been used before labeling him a "bad guy" is all. You don't give us a time frame to work with, and with no emails to back up what you are saying they said, well....we don't have much to go on. It looks like a few days?

Old 05-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
greatlakesreptiles

i sent him a money order the 5th so from then till now .and if i knew how to post emails i would i have them .and the funny thing is your fighting his battle so to speak why hasnt he replyed. there are alot of people who are good guys so to speak only to have the truth unravle here .so just becouse a person has poor custemere service doesnt meen there not a good person.and why do you try and make me look wrong for wanting to see if dhl would take care of it your telling me i should have just been gready like most in this buisness and just said give give give. now its to the point of that becouse there isnt a claim with dhl after we were told there was you show me how to post emails and i will.then we will listen to the tune you sing i have lots of friends also and if they are wrong they are just wrong me saying they arnt dont change the facts

Old 05-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #6
Cat_72
For goodness sakes Dale...I'm not saying that you are wrong, nor am I trying to fight anyone's battles....I'm just looking to help get to the bottom of this. I did not say you should have been greedy (however your comment about "most in this business" being greedy likely won't sit well with many), I just meant that a refund was offered, if you needed the roaches immediately, you could have taken that refund and ordered elsewhere. Whether or not you take the refund, they can still make a claim with DHL.

To post emails, all you need to do is copy and paste them.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:55 PM   #7
lanceheads
Dale,
Go back and read Cat's post. (again)
She's certainly not against you, just basically saying there's no meat on the bone! i.e., nothing to back your story up.

Randal

Old 05-19-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads
Dale,
Go back and read Cat's post. (again)
She's certainly not against you, just basically saying there's no meat on the bone! i.e., nothing to back your story up.

Randal
Thanks, Randal.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
Mike's Monitors
Dale,

The day that they arrived at your door (according to dhl) you sent us an email stating that another package worth 3000.00 of bearded dragons was stolen a few weeks before, you also stated that you have a big High School across the street. You also stated it was dhl who left this package. Why would you not inform anybody sending you any package in the mail this information first so they can instruct every carrier who comes to your house not to leave anything at the door is beyond me. I asked for the information from the other shippment so that I could contact dhl and make sure its not the same driver instead of the high school. You stated that it would not make a difference in my claim. Fine. Mike just had knee surgery, and I don't pack roaches. I am sorry for that, that is why I asked you if you wanted a refund. You are the one who told us to wait for dhl to do there claim as it is a part of doing business. There is a claim filed with dhl under our name not your, therefore because of privacy issues they will not release any information about the claim to you. As we stated the day this all happend I will be glad to send you a money order back, all you had to do was ask.
You could have simply sent me an email stated dhl is taking to long to process there claim, can you please just send my money back. And you would have already had your money back.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, and please make sure to instruct all other people you order from there, you have now had more than one package go missing. This will help you, get your packages on time.
Thank you for your time,
Antoinette Stefani

Also we are very sorry for this misunderstand, as we value each and every customer!

Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #10
Cat_72
Thank you for posting, Antoinette. That certainly does clear some things up, for myself anyway. I had wondered if DHL would release any info about the claim to someone besides yourself, I did not think they would, but did not mention it since I was not sure. Your offer was very fair IMO, and you have done what you could to make the deal right. Best wishes to Mike in his recovery.

Dale, it all seems pretty simple to me.....Mike is laid up (and probably on some good meds after a knee surgery! ) and Antoinette is simply doing her best to keep up. You were offered a refund immediately, and have once again been offered one. I would suggest you take it, and chalk this all up to misunderstanding and perhaps impatience.

I have to ask though....if I have a package of "live" anything coming, I make sure that I am right there to receive it. I may not be quite as diligent when it's a batch of crix or other feeder bugs coming, but if I had a large shipment of live reptiles coming, you'd better believe I'd be right there at the door before the delivery driver had a chance to set foot out of the truck, more less leave it on my doorstep unattended! How on earth did this happen, twice even?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!