Is he really an Arfak? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
MicroZooKits
Is he really an Arfak?

Hello new user/GTP owner here!

Been admiring these wonderful snakes for a few years now and just last month obtained my first trio!
Problem is that the person who I got these from (from my observation of the cage setups they came with) didn't really know much about them.

I was told I was sold a pair of Meraukes and a male Arfak.
The Meraukes were supposedly sold to him as a pair from Bushmaster in 2005 and the Arfak was supposedly sold to him from Ben Seigel in 2005 as well.
The previous owner is now in Iraq so there is no contacting him.

I've been searching all over for even a PICTURE of another Arfak that looks like the one I have but no luck anywhere. Found a lot of Sorong pictures that look like him though. He is a bright green with big yellow eyes and a yellow belly. He has a nice blue stripe down his back with blue triangles coming off of it. He also has some blue on his head and nose. His head is shorter then the Meraukes and he has a bluish purplish tounge. Also he has "creases" on his sides (which you can see from the picture) that neither of the Meraukes have. He has always had these even from the pic before I bought him. His skin is not dry at all rather like latex and I keep their humidity and temps right.
I'd really like to find this guy an Arfak girlfriend that has the same pattern and colors as him, but now i'm not even sure if he really is an Arfak!
What do you people think? Was I sold something else? Is this just a really hard snake to find?

Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
ravensgait
Nice looking animal,, well it is hard to say what locality it is for sure, could be an Arf .. One thing to remember is that most mainland locality names come from the city the animals are shipped out from not where they were collected. Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!