Alright, I need Opinions. Using Scar as an example! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-29-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Mooing Tricycle
Alright, I need Opinions. Using Scar as an example!

What do you think of this "watermark" ( i hate them OVER images )

Ive tried, and failed at creating a suitable watermark in photoshop that i liked, by converting the text to a shape, and then saving said shape and all that fun stuff. It always leaves my text with lines, or an outline of the text in a very contrasting color, and it just looks messy and ugly.

I did this, by saving it as a smart object * no idea if that matters* and then just exporting it, and i just use the function "place" and i can size it however i want, and if i need to, change the opacity on that layer. *shrug*

What do you think? Yay? Nay?
Ill probably keep using it, and i might even just use my name. Not sure.

Also. Placement. What say you?

if youre good at watermarks, and want to make one and share it, feel free! I sure as heck cant make them!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
johns6068
It looks Nice...Not as Nice as that Blood though

Old 10-29-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns6068 View Post
It looks Nice...Not as Nice as that Blood though
LOL

Thanks! I think the border around my nicer images looks good too. I havent really messed around with it much until a couple days ago. I think ill stick with it.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Wolfy-hound
The only thing I would say it that it makes it VERY easy to take that picture and crop it, leaving out the watermark, and still having a perfectly normal picture.
It's a classy watermark though. Can you put it closer to the snake so it's harder to crop out?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
The only thing I would say it that it makes it VERY easy to take that picture and crop it, leaving out the watermark, and still having a perfectly normal picture.
It's a classy watermark though. Can you put it closer to the snake so it's harder to crop out?
I could. I was even thinking messing with the opacity to put it ON the snake, but hide it in the scales. but i dunno. Possibly in a shadow or something would work too. * means ill have to mess with lighting too*

Thanks!

I am not too worried about my images being stolen, although i would not be happy about it.so much as being more concerned for the buyer who gets scammed BECAUSE of those nice images being used by someone they do not belong to.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #6
TheFragginDragon
Looks fine Alicia (with Wolfy's caveat). I use paint.net software, and I love it (cuz it's totally free, and I can't afford photoshop ). It has a very nice set of tools to make watermarks with.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
What do you think of this "watermark" ( i hate them OVER images )

Ive tried, and failed at creating a suitable watermark in photoshop that i liked, by converting the text to a shape, and then saving said shape and all that fun stuff. It always leaves my text with lines, or an outline of the text in a very contrasting color, and it just looks messy and ugly.

I did this, by saving it as a smart object * no idea if that matters* and then just exporting it, and i just use the function "place" and i can size it however i want, and if i need to, change the opacity on that layer. *shrug*

What do you think? Yay? Nay?
Ill probably keep using it, and i might even just use my name. Not sure.

Also. Placement. What say you?

if youre good at watermarks, and want to make one and share it, feel free! I sure as heck cant make them!

well to be honest anyone with any type of paint shop pro or photoshop excperience can take your water marks out with no problem. i have seen a few people ask about water marks and so forth and i have never responded but i guess now is the time lol. first off any water mark/text/image you use if it is not properly embedded into your image making a watermark trait then it can be removed and from your images and a copy made from another selection of the image to replace the water mark section that was cut/cropped out of the image bring it to look likethe original again after the water mark was removed. their are programs for making your own water marks and embedding them into images to make it harder to remove and make them small enough to go over a picture and not really take away from the looks of the picture/image .

Old 10-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #8
xanaxez
excuse the typos lol. i type with my 2 index fingers and have to look at the keyboard so i dont pay attention alot. =(

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!