Info Joe Damke: Don't waste your time. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
Brandon Osborne
Joe Damke: Don't waste your time.

I just wanted to warn everyone to beware if dealing with Joe Damke of the St. Louis area. Back in November Joe inquired about a couple of ball pythons I had for sale and we agree on a package deal that included 4 balls and a pair of hatchling kings at a great price. Since I knew of the name, I took Joe's word that he was good for the purchase and he asked me to hold the snakes for a couple of weeks while he was busy with work.

Fast forward to mid-December(12/15). I contacted Joe to see about a shipping date or a place we could meet since he is only 3 hours away. Joe asked me if I could wait a little longer, but no longer than 2 weeks. Joe called me on the phone and said work was extremely busy for him at the time, but he would be getting some time off for Christmas and the weeks after....Joe said "no more than two weeks".

Here we are in the second week of January and Joe tries putting me off more and more....and better yet, doesn't even get back to me. I've held these snakes for 6 weeks plus, missed out on selling the snakes, and I'm going to be traveling extensively within the next two weeks for an indefinite amount of time. After the serious lack of communication on Joe's part, and me doing everything in my power to seal the deal, I decided to sell the animals. At this point in time, I blame myself for attempting to work with him and be the good guy in this deal.

Now I sit with animals I could have sold to others that contacted me. To those that did, I apologize. If anyone has an inquiry from him, just be cautious, get a non-refundable deposit up front, and give a specified amount of time for payoff. The best thing to do would be to avoid JOE DAMKE all together. You will be wasting your time.

He also did this to a good friend of mine over the course of the last 2-3 months. If he wants to chime in he can.

Thanks for reading and good luck.
Brandon Osborne
Brandon Osborne Reptiles