GHOST LITTER BORN TODAY WITH A TWO HEADED SNAKE !!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
king brown
Stop! GHOST LITTER BORN TODAY WITH A TWO HEADED SNAKE !!!!!

new ghost litter born today and with a baby two headed snake!!!! Well this litter was born this morning just before I went to work. When I finally got home and hade a chance to take a good look at them to my surprise a two headed snake!!! He looks a little premature and I don’t think he’s going to make it but the rest of the litter looks good and no slugs at all wow. Here ate a few pics let me know what you think thanks Mario

Old 05-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
charmer
Wow...

Great looking litter and crazy little guy! That IS a lot of yolk and a thick umbilical on him, but maybe if you tie it off he'll have a slight chance? Hopefully someone chimes in on that, but the other option is to let him absorb it and then work on preventing the hardening of it within him. I am not sure if he'd make it either way, but thought I'd throw it out there. Some folks would cull him now, but.... I am not sure I would do so myself, as long as his quality of life isn't diminished in any way.
Good luck!
Stephanie Siebert

Old 05-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
I just can't picture how this one is going to eat, since the prey will have to make a right angle turn to get down.

Looks like you have some nice ones in there. That ghost with the thin saddles is pretty nice looking.

Good luck with them.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I just can't picture how this one is going to eat, since the prey will have to make a right angle turn to get down.

Looks like you have some nice ones in there. That ghost with the thin saddles is pretty nice looking.

Good luck with them.
Again we pick the same ones. Guess you're right Rick great minds do think a like!!

Mario, Rick is right, I don't see how that snake could ever constrict properly, however, that being said, the freaky side of me says keep and see what happens. Glad it's not me making those decisions.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #5
Boa4u
Quote:

Good luck with them.
I agree with Rick and Laura, that thin saddled ghost is sweet!! Congratulations on a nice looking litter.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
cahrens
Quote:

Good luck with them.

I had a boa born once that had a serious kink in it's neck, right behind the head. It's as bad a turn as this one has and he's doing fine. When he constricts you'd swear his neck is broken but it's not. When he swallows he straightens it out quite a bit. I say give it a shot. I did see a program on TV last week with some 2 headed snakes. They were eating well. Good luck and congrats on an awesome litter.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Two headed, or conjoined heads like this one?

I reckon anythings possible though. I been wrong plenty of times.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
cahrens
Yeah, the ones I saw had 2 separate heads, connected at the neck. I see what you mean.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
Helenthereef
May have internal abnormalities too?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!