Short Ribs? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 05-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
stargazer
Short Ribs?

Anyone got a good recipe for making those?

p.s. my wife is making them tonight I know her cooking and need your HELP asap!

Old 05-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Anyone got a good recipe for making those?

p.s. my wife is making them tonight I know her cooking and need your HELP asap!
One of my specialty dishes, but I don't have the time to post it at the moment. I'll put it up this week sometime. Sorry I couldn't be of immediate help.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
you are supposed to bake them in the oven, im told.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
stargazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
One of my specialty dishes, but I don't have the time to post it at the moment. I'll put it up this week sometime. Sorry I couldn't be of immediate help.
Your killing me!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
stargazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
you are supposed to bake them in the oven, im told.
Thanks! I'll give that a try. Wish me luck

Old 05-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
Thanks! I'll give that a try. Wish me luck
NOOOOOOO, don't bake them. LOL. You brown them in a bit of olive oil and then braise them rest of the way in a Chianti wine with beef stock. The meat just falls off the bone....you wouldn't believe the taste.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
lol chuck.

I was told, ( because i got these the other day, since the store was out of regular ribs for the grill... and i figured, bah, they cant be THAT much different! Boy was I wrong!)

That you Put them in a deep dish in the oven, and, add some sort of liquid, ive forgotten what, and then let the fats melt off, and the meat just falls off the bone and then you can make a gravy of sorts out of the extra juice left. Im no cook.... i just try things other people tell me! LOL

Old 05-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
critical bill
Ok, here is a quick recipe for short ribs.

In a large pot, add and heat two to four table spoons of olive oil (any oil will do, but I haven't tried motor oil, things aren't that bad, yet). Generously season your short ribs with salt and pepper. Place your short ribs in batches (depending on the size of your pot) to brown in the oil. Once your short ribs have browned, stack them on plate or in a large bowl. DO NOT discard the fat/juice or browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Those are considered yum yums and will be to add flavor and color for your braising stock/liquid. With your short ribs set aside, keep the pot hot on medium het and add one to two cups of Chianti (I add the whole bottle, but I'm an admitted alcoholic). Allow the Chianti to come to a boil and boil for about five minutes. Now add one to two cups of beef stock (you can use canned, boxed, or from bullion cube). Now allow that to come to a boil. Stir this mix frequently to get the yum yums off the bottom of the pan (deglazing the pan). Now add your browned short ribs and reduce the heat to low so it can simmer. Cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and allow to simmer for about ninety minutes. The meat should be literally falling off the bone with no fat visible.

Chianti Braised Short Ribs..........Done.

Serve with a Fettuccine Alfredo side for a classic Italian dish -or- Seasoned roasted potatoes and carrots. Goes nice with a crisp romaine salad w/ balsamic vinegar and oil and topped with fresh grated asiago cheese.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
snakewrangler
I'm making this over the weekend. Nothing will stand in my way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!