Inquiry Mice Direct - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Bryan T
Mice Direct

Has anybody bought their rodents from them? Is says in their site never lab surplus rodents.... which I am beginning to believe rodent pro sells lab mice. please let me know your experience with this company.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
TriangleReptiles
I have used MiceDirect on occasion. Their prices are good, they ship on time and their rodents are acceptable. I have no problem with them at all. Lab surplus? I have no way of knowing. But when I have to place an order, If Mice Direct has the animals I need at the price I want, I buy from them. (or RodentPro, or BigCheese)

Old 06-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
jglass38
I have ordered from them multiple times and have been very happy!

Old 06-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
HissnPurr
Lab mice that have been used in expierments are not resold as food items trust me Surplus lab rodents are when they bred too many, and lab rodents are VERY clean both in body and genes so as far as I am concerned if MD, RP, or BC have surplus lab stock thats fine.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #5
phoerner
Just bought 6000 pinkie mice and they where perfect!

Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
TriangleReptiles
Just received an order of 800 (fuzzies - adult) mice. All were clean, well packaged, frozen solid as a rock and INEXPENSIVE. The entire order was less than $200 with shipping. Fantastic!!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
davenkelly
Add another....

.....happy customer of Mice Direct!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
bluerosy
I am a breeder and order a lot of mice from different sources. I ordered twice from Mice Direct to test them out a couple years ago and I was very dissatisfied with the large size mice I got. Most were tiny hopper sizes. I called them and let them know.

I just ordered from them again about a week ago. I wanted to see if they changed at all. I talkaed to the guy on the phone and told him my experiences and he promised me their mice are large and evenly sized and they have the cheapest prices around. Anyway the total order was $360. and I cannot think of a bigger waste of funds. The mice were not sized correct in the bags. There would maybe be 1/3 large and the rest were med and hopper size IN THE SAME BAG. I am so dissapointed with they way they talk themselves up and then dissapoint, i decided to post here...which i never would normally do.

I didn't care for their customer service either. I called them to oder 3 weeks ago and let a message. I got a call back 3 DAYS later and it was not over a weekend. I told them i already ordered from another source. The guy also explained to me they are saving ME (the consimer) money by not answering the phone and that they return phone calls within 24 hours. Which personally i don't care for but is acceptable.

I also mentioned to them that I use Rodentpro and they immediatly tore into their competion saying that they (Mice Direct) are cheaper and nobody beats their prices. I happen to know none of this true. When i explained and quoted prices of competitors I also asked if they would match them on priceing and handling charges they just said no.

Bottom line. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

I like using Rodentpro now and have used them a number of times as well as one other source. Rodentpro is extremely service orientated and professional. I also like the baby chicks for .12 cents which saves money on large mice.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
Suncoast Herpetological
I have used both suppliers before and now use Rodent Pro exclusively. I found Mice direct to be hit or miss on both quality and service.

I spend on average about $18,000 on feeders annually. I negotiated pricing with Mice Direct about a year and a half ago and placed an order for mainly rats (pups, fuzzies and pinkies) and was pleased with the product. Shipping was the only issue due to the fact that they use pelleted dry ice and it is not contained properly in the shipping box. They also did not use any fill to keep the contents from shifting. The result was that the dry ice ended up loose in the box and, after the bags of rodents came in contact with it, the bags became brittle and split.

The result was that I had to spend over an hour rebagging about 1/2 the order.

The next order was worse. That one contained mouse pinkies. I had the same problem with the ice and ended up on my driveway sorting through a mound of dry ice pulling pinkies out of it. I brought this to their attention both times and was told they would "work on it".... they didn't.

The third and final order contained a quantity of small rats. When they arrived, they were, in actuality, mediums and larges by weight. They were also filthy. I contacted John at Mice Direst about the problem and they sent more appropriate animals. They were also dirty on arrival. A credit resulted from that order which was never covered by them. I finally gave up.

I have had minor issues over the years with sizing from Rodentpro but their customer service and quality has always been consistent.

I will stick with the known professional going forward.

Old 12-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #10
xStaticSnow
I realize this thread is rather old, but I just wanted to add my $0.02.

I received my order from MiceDirect today. I ordered over 300 mice of various sizes and about 20 rat pups and weanlings. The package came in a timely matter. When I had questions MiceDirect responded to my email almost immediately, despite the fact that I had sent the email after 8pm on a Friday.

All the rodents I received were thoroughly frozen, packaged, well, and looked clean.

I managed to place my order during a sale so got free shipping and nearly 60% off everything else in my order.

Basically I have nothing bad to say about MiceDirect and will order from them again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!