Hi there! Looking for some guidance... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
bekah1spar
Hi there! Looking for some guidance...

Hi there! I discovered this site a few days ago, and I think it'll be a great way to start as a hobby breeder. I have had two rosy boas in the past, and I'm interested in getting into some other types of snakes. I've narrowed it down to either ball pythons, or some sort of arboreal boa/python. I'd like to get a couple rosy's again too, but that's just cause I love em, since they were my first.

I'd love to hear some feedback or advice as to where to start here. Of course, choosing a breed is high on the list. I'm open to others than the ones I've listed, I just don't know much about other types. So, if any of you have suggestions, I'd love to hear them. My only criteria is that they don't grow to be over 6 feet, due to my living situation.... the roommates have declared an ultimatum on that one. I'm looking for something relatively easy to care for and with a good general personality. Of course each individual snake is different, but a more docile breed would be preferable. Thanks in advance!

-Bekah

Old 06-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
Jerry_c_62
Hello Bekah and Welcome to Fauna.

There are forums here that focus on certain types, there is also a general discussion forum. These are further down on the main page.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
DAND
Welcome to Fauna Rebekah

Where to start? Well I'd pick a forum of your liking and take a look. Or try a new one and see what you can learn.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Tiger Lilly
Welcome Rebekah--get busy; there's lots of reading to be done!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
Uroboros
Do what you love!

I'd stay away from arboreals until you've got a good mentality for them. Amazon Tree Boas are a great place to start. They'll show you how to be careful around them without the punishment of an ETB bite. They also take the same conditions as GTPs and ETBs.

But first, do what you love!

Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
bekah1spar
Thanks for the input guys! I think I'm gonna go with balls for now. I'm interested in trying some breeding at some point too, and after reading up on a few different options, I'm really interested in quite a few of the ball python morphs. I actually stumbled upon an awesome male in a very unlikely place, too. One of the pet stores in town just brought in a breeder to do their reptiles, and he works in the store with them. He took me in the back and showed me all the new babies and told me about his collection. I'm really excited to get started!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!