Bad Guy Calientedragons - Rankin Dragons - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
ReptileAddictions
Calientedragons - Rankin Dragons

I am going to attempt to make a long story as short as possible.

Years ago Jeane - my mother used to breed and sell Rankins. She had adults that had coloring in them. It became a major discussion on Fauna that they were considered to not be "pure" Rankin, but generations before mixed with Bearded Dragon. Not because of those threads, but the outcome a few years later was that she sold all her Rankins, even the breeders. I will agree that someone somewhere down the lines cross species, and I now want pure rankins. So, I expect fully that some posters will say I got what I deserved, blah, blah, blah. The bottom line is no matter what you think of me, a business deal is a deal, and in this case, I didn't get what I paid for. Here is the link to the old "Pure Rankins" debate. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hlight=rankins

Now years later I aquired a female. (no color) that I gave to Jeane. I have been looking to purchase more for almost a year for her, posting wanted ads on KS. Calientedragons posted a KS ad selling Rankins with overhead photos of plain old tan rankins shown. Typical bow patterning. The seller said they were new from a UK bloodline.The ad is now gone.

"Rankin's Dragon AKA Lawsons Dragons! Out Of New Imported Lines! - Imported line unrelated to any Current US LInes~$200 each + Shipping" http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=699656&cat=51

I purchased the adult male, and one baby. When I recieved them I noticed a different head structure on the adult than any pure Rankin I have ever had.He appears to be a "Drankin". He has fatty side jowles on his neck and he is able to portrude his lover neck- just like how Bearded Dragons push out their beard. It is my understanding that Rankins dont have the cartiledge in their necks to be able to do this. My concern is that I have yet again aquired some "Drankins".

Several people I emailed agree with me about the physical differences.And I am unable to track the originating breeder. The UK connection she finally gave me simply "aquired" them, and no specifics as from where. Still there is also no parent pictures provided to me. Then AFTER all of this transpired, I found an ad here on Fauna for other babies, probably related to the one I got that are CLEARLY orange and advertised now as "OrangeXYellow ". The baby I got does not have color, but going on the previous years fauna war, it was decided that color means unpure bloodlines.

I dont want these 2 animals. Now after changing their minds several times she wants me to send them back at my expense, and also eat the shipping cost of recieving them. Roughly $100. If someone ordered a Crested from me and I shipped them a crested X Gargoyle crossing I would'nt expect them to eat any of the costs, even if I didn't know what I originally had was a crossing. Frankly I am quiet suprised that years ago we posted colored Rankin babies for sale and people went nuts on us, now colored rankins up for sale simply go unnoticed??????

At the bottom of the page on my website I am posting the first 2 pictures of my adult female. She looks like all the other Rankins I have had except no color. The 2nd 2 pictures are the male in question. The baby is 2 inches, so I am unable to tell yet, but supposedly from the same bloodlines as the adult male. http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityrep...bledragons.htm

All emails and photos are below. Calientedragons replies are in Italics. I will let you be the judge.

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 12:30 PM
To: <calientedragons@msn.com>
Subject: Message about: Rankin\\\\\\\'s Dragon AKA Lawsons Dragons!

> *************
> NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
> NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised
> *************
>
> I am very interested in getting some rankins. Can you sex them yet? I would like a couple of females. Shipping to 99206 (business addy). Thanks, Jeane
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
> location window) the URL below to view the ad that
> this message is in response to.
>
> http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=699656&cat=51

On Wed, 7/8/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: Message about: Rankin\\\\\\\'s Dragon AKA Lawsons Dragons!
To: dragonlady99212@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 1:13 PM

Hi Jeane,

They are not sexed.. I can do $35 for overnight shipping in an insulated box...

Heidi

Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 2:43 PM
To: www.calientedragons.com

How much do they weigh?
Thanks, Jeane

On Wed, 7/8/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

To: "Jeane Best" <dragonlady99212@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 8:08 PM
They are about 4.5 inches and 5 grams Hatched 6/10/2009 and ready to ship next week...

I also have an adult proven male if interested, He is very mean though..

Heidi

Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 10:56 AM

How many do you have available?
Thanks, Jeane

On Thu, 7/9/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Date: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 11:08 AM

7 Babies that are old enough to go..

Heidi

Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:44 AM

Ok, last questions Are the 7 all siblings? And can you give me a deal on all 7? And a quote on all 7 and the Adult male too.- Thanks
Thanks, Jeane

On Thu, 7/9/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Date: Thursday, July 9, 2009, 3:56 PM
Yes they are all from the same clutch, I can do $1225 for the 7 babies or $1375 for the 7 babies and the Adult..

Heidi

Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 11:10 AM

Can you give me any details about the adult, age? You said he is mean, toward people or the female rankins? How much for just him shipped?
Thanks, Jeane

--- On Fri, 7/10/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 2:27 PM

I got him a little over a month ago, I was told he was about 1.5 years, looks about right.. He is just mean towards me, not other rankins, I have him housed with another male right now and they are fine, I have not put him with a female yet, He is just too mean to me, tries to bite me when I pick him up lol. $200 shipped

Let me know if you have any more questions..

here is a picture ( sorry I took it with my iphone)

Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2009 1:37 AM

I want him for sure. Do you think you could try to sex any of the babies? I would really like a female if at all possible.
Thanks, Jeane

On Sat, 7/11/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 9:45 AM
I could do my best, but there is no way I could guarantee it, They are real small right now..

Heidi

Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 2:27 AM

Okay, so give me a total for the two shipped. What type of payment do you want?
Thanks, Jeane

--- On Sun, 7/12/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Date: Sunday, July 12, 2009, 5:01 PM
Got your payment Thanks, Would you like me to ship on Monday for Tuesday delivery?

To:
XXXXXX N. XXXXX Rd. Spokane, WA 99212

Thanks,

Heidi

Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 2:30 AM

Yes, that would be great. Please let me know which carrier and a tracking #.
Thanks, Jeane

On Mon, 7/13/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 10:06 AM

Fed Ex Priority Overnight tracking number XXXXXXXXXXXX

Someone needs to be there to sign for the box,

Please let me know when they get there safe

Thanks!

Heidi

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:43 AM

My rankins came this morning. Both are fine, however the male is definetly not pure rankin. Rankins do not have the cartlidge in there lower jaw like regular bearded dragons. The male you sent has the cartlidge, so he's mixed with a bearded dragon.

If you get this e-mail more than once, I was having internet issues.
Thanks, Jeane

On Tue, 7/14/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 11:26 AM
Wow that stinks! I really looked him over when I got him and he looked pure to me! But you never know these days!

Can you please educate me and explain? Can you send a picture of what your referring to? I would like to compare with the rest of my clan..

Thanks,
Heidi

Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:07 PM

I'll take some pics tonight. The camera is at the shop. Basically he has a bulging beard (jowels) like a bearded dragon. Rankins have no way of pooching their necks out. It is flat all the time.
Thanks, Jeane

Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2009 2:17 PM

ok heres 2 pics of yours, and 2 pics of ours. You will see the difference in how yours has jowels that protrude out the side of the neck, and cartiledge below that makes a beard.
Thanks, Jeane

On Thu, 7/16/09, www.calientedragons.com <calientedragons@msn.com> wrote:

Date: Thursday, July 16, 2009, 2:44 PM

Interesting....
You know this may sound funny but I tracked sown where the previous owner got him and they are looking for the emails but thought it may be you guys lol...

I am very sorry if indeed he is not pure, I had no intention or knowledge of that... If you would like to send him back I will refund your money...
How is the little girl doing? Don’t worry about her, I know for sure she is pure..

Heidi

Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2009 3:56 PM

Well, the bad news is the baby already has jowles, so it cant be pure, someone within 5 generations crossed these with beardies. It takes at least 5 generations to get it back out. If I had to guess these are 3-4 year generations.
I can ship them back for a refund, or if you want to work something out at a discount I will sell them at the shop as "Drankins", save them the stress of more shipping.
Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks, Jeane

: Message about: Rankin\\\\\\\'s Dragon AKA Lawsons Dragons!
Thursday, July 16, 2009 5:57 PM
"www.calientedragons.com" <calientedragons@msn.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Jeane Best" <dragonlady99212@yahoo.com>
After further inspection of all the Rankins here, they all have a little a beard or Jowles, even the ones I have had for years... I cant possibly believe that they are all hybrids..
If you were so sure of what to look for then why wouldn’t you ask for pictures? I am sorry I will have to take back my offer to take them back, My husband pointed out that we do not need to take that risk, when we were not dis-honest in any way...
If they do have some pogona passed in from 3-4 generations there is no way for you to possibly know that so how could you accuse!
I am sorry but you got what was advertised, and in no way did I miss-lead you..

Heidi

Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2009 1:52 AM

The previous e-mails were sent by my daughter on my behalf. She wasn't accusing you of doing the crossing. I had contacted you before when you had some rankins for sale and you told me that you had breeding stock from Europe. I thought that was the person that possible did the crossing and didn't tell you.

I haven't had any rankins for several years. I only had one crossing that produced 3 babies and I know where all of them are. They were all placed with friends at work, so this little male can't be from me.

Could you please send pics of the babies parents? I would like to send the little male back as I can't use him to breed to my female.
Thanks, Jeane

Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2009 9:21 AM

I posted on several boards and I emailed several people and sent and photos that deal in Rankins. Also a photo of the 3 colored babies you had for sale on Fauna. It was the general opinion of everyone that they are not pure rankins. Due to the neck of the adult, and the orange on the babies. Rankins do not have coloring.
I never recieved parent pictures and you seem unwilling to disclose your "UK" source for me to contact about their bloodlines.
I am sorry, but I did not get "Rankins" for Uk bloodlines, as advertised.They are not 100% Rankins. I am going to ship these back out to you on Monday, you will recieve them Tue by 10:30. Please refund $400 to the paypal account I sent it from tessie83856@yahoo.com
Thank you so much for your understanding.
Thanks, Jeane

Date: Thursday, July 18, 2009, 10:22 PM
Iwill refund you money minus my shipping cost.. You never asked where I imported them, They were imported through Josh of Phantom Dragon and his connections..
Please disclose where you posted on the boards so I can read them..

Thanks,
Heidi

THIS IS OUR ADULT FEMALE WE HAVE HAD http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityrep...0dragons/ours1[1].jpg

THIS IS OUR ADULT FEMALE WE HAVE HAD http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityrep...0dragons/ours2[1].jpg

PHOTO SHE SENT ME VIA EMAIL OF THE ADULT MALE http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityrep...s/untitled.jpg

ADULT MALE SHE SENT ME- I TOOK PHOTOS http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityrep...dragons/yours1[1].jpg

ADULT MALE SHE SENT ME- I TOOK PHOTOS http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityrep...dragons/yours2[1].jpg

BABIES THAT I FOUND SHE LISTED AFTER I RECIEVED MINE http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityrep...kinsbabies.jpg

Old 07-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
ReptileAddictions
I found some good info and photos on dragon huts website. She has pure rankins, as well as one she believes is a hybrid.She also has a sub adult male for sale, as comparison phots you see a clearly different head/neck structure on hers compared to the male i got from Calientedragons.

"Meadow was sold to me as a pure Rankin's Dragon I am unsure of her exact background. She has the typical Rankin's patterning but does not look like the others and is a bit bigger although not by much. Although her previous owner claimed she was never bred, she came to me gravid and had a clutch last year but since then I have decided to not breed her due to the fact that there is limited availability of Rankin's in the US and she may be a hybrid, possibly a vitticeps. She not currently breeding but is a sweet and beloved pet."

PICTURE OF MEADOW- THE POSSIBLE HYBRID http://www.thedragonhut.com/uploads/...743/228620.jpg

AN ADULT MALE FOR SALE AT DRAGON HUT http://www.thedragonhut.com/uploads/...43/5201716.jpg

AN ADULT MALE FOR SALE AT DRAGON HUT http://www.thedragonhut.com/uploads/...43/6368753.jpg

AN ADULT MALE FOR SALE AT DRAGON HUT http://www.thedragonhut.com/uploads/...43/1071492.jpg

PURE RANKIN BABIES- NOTICE NO COLOR http://www.thedragonhut.com/uploads/...43/4848220.jpg

PURE RANKIN BABIES- NOTICE NO COLOR http://www.thedragonhut.com/uploads/...43/5735290.jpg

Old 07-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
spyder79
I have to say i think you are handling this in a bad way. She had no way of knowing that rankins full background 4-5 generations back. Nor would most other people be able to tell you. Dragons do not have a pedigree like with dogs where you can trace their ancestry. You should have asked for as many pictures as possible and done your research prior to purchasing. I do not think posting on this and other forums to try and make calientedragons look bad is immoral. You know that she did nothing wrong and from a business standpoint she is in the right. And when it is a refund due to you just being unhappy with the animal (aka not from illness or deformities) then of course shipping would not be refunded.

Old 07-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #4
calientedragons
Wow this is a first! I have been nothing but polite to you, and tried to be as understanding as I could! Against my husbands wishes, I offered a refund because I was bummed you were unhappy with them!

You were send RANKIN'S and that’s what you got, you got what was advertised! I am sickened by how rude you are and the lies, maybe its because I spoke with you mother on the phone but at least get your stories straight! How can you sleep with yourself at night!

I did not email you pictures yet, I have been busy with Church stuff, Boy scouts, errands, I cant just drop everything and shoot photos etc..

This has just ruined my weekend thank you! here is another thread for your reading!

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/v...ankins#p862155

You two can go ahead and try to make me look bad, but I stand by decision 100% to now NOT OFFER ANY REFUND! OR DISCOUNT! What I sent you are Rankins and no I would not call them Drankins, and I am sorry you feel differently, but you got exactly what was offered!

I really wish I recorded our phone conversation!

Heidi

Old 07-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
spyder79
Dont worry heidi anyone that looks at this and looks at what was for sale will know that nothing was missrepresented in your sale ad. You are a great seller and it is obvious that this is just someone that is not going to be happy and feels the need to slander your name over something that is more than likely a mistake on the buyers part. We all know that no 2 dragons are the same. But alas it is on the BOI now and there is nothing to be done to get rid of it. Hopefully more people can see the big picture on this situation then just go straight to believing the OP cause it is false to say that you tried to trick her. I remember the ad there were photos depicting what was for sale as well as a detailed description and your contact info. She admits to having talked with you at length before purchasing. So there is no room for it to be said that you did anything wrong.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
ReptileAddictions
I have given you ample time to rectify this situation and you cant decide, so I will decide for you. This is now the 3rd time you have changed your mind in writting about a refund. The animals WILL be returned monday and the paypal will be disputed.
As I said before no one had any reason to believe you didnt have full blooded rankins. You boasted how they were new clean bloodlines to the US totally unrelated to anything here. Why would I assume differently and suspect foul play before hand.
I still stand behind what I have said.
#1 They are not PURE Rankins.
#2 I do not think you did the cross breeding.
#3 I do not think you knew they are hybrids when you were selling them.
The fact still remains that you have been made aware now. And, we did not get what we paid for. I never said you where a bad person, or doing something shady, ect. But, the way you are handling our refund is UNPROFESSIONAL.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #7
ReptileAddictions
Also, claiming I am lieing about something simply isnt true. ALL the text from every email is posted above in FULL! The FULL conversation is there for anyone to see and base their judgement on. I havn't lied about anything.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
Serafim
Wendy did you look at any pictures of the dragons you were going to purchase?

Heidi I wouldn't let this ruin your weekend. You are a good person and stand behind your dragons.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #9
LauraB
How about photos from:
1) the original ad
2) the dragons you received from Caliente
3) your pure Rankin(s)

Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 AM   #10
DragonHut
I just want to clarify something from your above statement. I do not state 'pure' Rankin's Dragons on any of my breeders or the Rankin's Dragons that I have for sale. There has been some hybridization of Rankin's in the US and unfortunately some individuals have not been honest about this when selling in the past which can be a problem for others not wishing to purchase hybrids. I only know the lineage that has been told to me at the time of purchase of any of my current breeders. This is the lineage I pass on to customers as honestly as possible. If I do not have lineage then that is passed onto the customer as well (in which case no lineage is given). I do not know for a fact that just b/c my breeders do not display color that they are pure. I do not know for sure that slight coloration at the time of hatching that later disappears makes them impure either.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bianca trump, heidi salerno, jeane best, rankin dragons, reptile addictions, wendy childs