Are sailfin dragons tame? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
birdman123
Are sailfin dragons tame?

Could Sailfin dragons become tame? I don't mean over night because no pet owner should expect that. Over time can they?
Thanks

Old 08-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
From what I hear, sailfins are among the most problematic lizards one could keep. They rarely acclimate well in captivity and are expensive to boot. Think of a green basilisk, or a chameleon times 100 in terms of specific humidity requirements, high-stress, and caging.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
angie.h
If you go to www.sailfindragon.com you will find the best info by the top expert Scott Corning of Dragon Attack

Old 02-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
s4sainz
Sailfins are cool agamids, i have had the oppurtunity to own 3 different species of the sailfin dragon localities, they are very interesting lizards indeed. By far one of my favorite agamids of all time are the sailfins. As far as their temperment i guess it all depends on the individual dragon, but they can become quite docile. I've had over 20 different sailfins, and for the most part they are flighty, however i think the weberei sailfin dragons are a little more flighty, and dont make great captives as the h. pustulatus. the Philippines in my personal experience make better captives, and arent as aggressive as weberei.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Twizted Paths
Nice pictures & info!

Thanks for sharing

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!