Good Guy Allen Belcher / Big Daddy's Wholesale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
DM1975
Allen Belcher / Big Daddy's Wholesale

First off, I have read all of the negative posts on here about him and I knew what I might be getting into, but I decided to try anyways as he was the only one I could find with a decent priced male champagne. Well, I have to say that he went out of his way to help me, including letting me pay half and then the other half a month later. After I payed the last bit of money he had tracking info sent to me and the next day I had a well packed, health champagne delivered to my door.

I really can not see any fault in anything he did for me. His service was first class all the way, and I got exactly what I bought, not to mention him being kind enough to let me pay it out. Maybe others have had issues with him, but I would have no problem dealing with him again.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by DM1975 View Post
First off, I have read all of the negative posts on here about him and I knew what I might be getting into, but I decided to try anyways as he was the only one I could find with a decent priced male champagne. Well, I have to say that he went out of his way to help me, including letting me pay half and then the other half a month later. After I payed the last bit of money he had tracking info sent to me and the next day I had a well packed, health champagne delivered to my door.

I really can not see any fault in anything he did for me. His service was first class all the way, and I got exactly what I bought, not to mention him being kind enough to let me pay it out. Maybe others have had issues with him, but I would have no problem dealing with him again.
Glad to hear you had a good transaction with him . but to be safe cause of all what was said in the past about him i would keep a good eye on the male to make sure he doesnt become sick .

but if all works out well im glad to hear hes getting his act together ,cause theres quite a few animals he has i would love to get my hands on but wouldnt cause all that was said before .so if that snake you got is truly healthy with no issues i may consider buying something from him down the road .

Keep us notified of any updates as you go with your champagne please ..

Old 10-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
DM1975
I will keep everyone updated. So far he is a strong eater and looks very healthy. Later on I will post on here with an update.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Slipmattic
Hopefully you have put the snake in another room away from your collections, Mr. Belcher has one of the worst husbandry i have ever witnessed.... But good to hear that it is doing well and hopefully will produce...

Old 10-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
RJK890
I have never purchased animals from Allen, but have made three seperate trade deals with him in the past. Feedback has already been left on those transactions, so I will not repost it. Here is an update on the animals that I received from him.

I have had a total of 34 of his animals in my collection over the last 2+ years, and have not had a single issue with any of them.
Eight of those animals were Morphs and were traded off after thriving in my collection for at least 6 months.
I still have 26 CBB 07' Normal females that I picked up as hatchlings from him, and they are all great eaters, very healthy, and breeding this season.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
Slipmattic
I ment to say husbandry habbits, i do apologize.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #7
Slipmattic
Thats always good to hear that he does have animals that are healthy, i am not trying to bash anyone from buying off him. But i personally will not, no matter what animals he has due to what i have seen.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
critical bill
Who says that hole-in-one's are reserved for people who can actually see the ball? A blind guy, just sunk his first after 60 years of playing golf.

There are potential lessons to be learned:

If you're an optimist the lesson is: keep trying. In life, love, and business, you can only succeed when you actually try. The blind guy had the ultimate excuse, but it didn't stop him.

If you're a pessimist the lesson is: success is more luck than anything else. Which of course, is then used as an excuse not to try. Why work hard to achieve something that might accidentally happen by sheer luck anyway?

Old 10-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
DM1975
I would like to say that their are enough threads bashing him, warranted or not. I would like this one to stay as a positive one for him. Either you will deal with him or not, but in this case everything worked out great, and he was more than cordial to me the entire time. Please let this thread stay like that and keep the negatives in the proper threads, thank you.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
Get Sum
Allen has always done good by me too!

I have to agree with Rob and Stephen as well. I have also purchased Ball pythons from Allen Belcher, even after reading all the negative hype. I based my decision to purchased from him because he was very helpful over the phone and answered alot of my questions. He took the time to try to help me, not sell me. Yes, I quarantined all animals for 90 days prior to setting them up in my snake room, but I do that with all purchases- regardless of what people say about them. To get to the point, I have purchased from him on three separate occasions dating back to almost (2) years ago. I still own all of those snakes and they are all perfectly healthy- some are my best feeders. Stephen- I think you will be very happy with your purchase from Allen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!