Hiss-n-Things - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2003, 12:50 PM   #1
masterofpythons
Thumbs up Hiss-n-Things

Thumbs up to Hiss-n-Things. Picked up a beautiful and healthy JCP. Jim Kavney is a great guy to deal with. My snake arrived in excellent condition, and even ate that same day, and has not refused a feed since.

Old 03-24-2003, 02:01 PM   #2
sputnik
Hiss-n-Things

You might want to attach your name to posts on the BOI or they will get deleted pretty quickly!

Old 03-25-2003, 01:33 PM   #3
masterofpythons
ooops....

Sorry... the name is matt ryan.

Old 06-05-2003, 01:57 PM   #4
Traci1
Thumbs up JIM KAVNEY - HISS N THINGS - GOOD GUY!

I recently purchased a beautiful Anery Striped corn from Jim and everything went super smooth. He was very friendly on the phone and answered all my questions. She arrived here with no problems and has eaten. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. Thank you Jim!

<p>

<p>Traci Engle

Old 06-05-2003, 02:09 PM   #5
dself40
Thumbs up Hiss N Things

I bought a male JCP from them a few months back.And he is awesome.Arrived on time was packed well and was in great shape when he arrived.And Jim is a great guy.I have talked to him on the phone a few times.They are just all around great folks to deal with.And would not hesitate at all to buy from them!!!!

Old 06-06-2003, 12:54 AM   #6
jchausmer
Jim kavney is an excellent man to deal with .... i have purchased a pair of ringed pythons from him and i also went to costa rice with him ... you ever get the chance to go i highly recommend it....

Old 07-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #7
Sasheena
I recently purchased four snakes from Jim, and I have to say I've been very impressed with everything about him. I've heard said here on the BOI that you really get an idea of what a seller is made of when something goes WRONG with the transaction. The way they deal with that is the best way to know their Character.

A little earlier this year my husband and I were looking at Jim's website at his available snakes. First we were only going to get a pair of female cal king yearlings, but we both fell in love with different animals on the site. So in addition to the two kings, my husband got a yearling Spilotes Pullatus, and I got a yearling Jungle Carpet Python. The python was listed as a picky feeder, but I had faith that I could get her to eat.

The four snakes arrived by 10 am the next day. They came in an insulated box, stuffed with crumpled up newspaper, well labeled as perishable, and with a cool pack inside (I live in ARIZONA). The four snakes were exactly as advertised. The cal kings are little eating machines. The JCP ate with the first fuzzy offering and has never refused a meal. (I almost feel like I cheated Jim because she isn't a picky eater). The spilotes is the only snake I had a problem with. She was everything that she was said to be, but she was missing a couple of scales around her mouth, giving her the look of a permanent snarl. I had never seen a Spilotes and after finding out that it wasn't normal, I emailed jim with a photo.

Jim was great. He immediately called and we discussed what to do. In the end he gave me a credit to be used at a later date (I get to shop his site and it's like a christmas wish list). I also kept the Spilotes (offered to send her back but he declined). She's a funny snake because the missing scales mean that she flicks her tongue sometimes out of the corners of her mouth, and sometimes out of the end. Jim did not notice her deformity before selling it, but in my opinion he made it right! He's a great guy with very prompt response to emails.

Once I finally decide what else I'll get from him (and I'll probably spend more because his snakes are so fine) I'll post again on here, but I have no doubt he is good at his word, and that I will be as pleased with that transaction as with the previous.

Jim Kavney is a Good Guy

Old 03-03-2004, 09:34 AM   #8
Stephen Barger
Another good transaction for Jim!!

I purchased a Diones Rat Snake yesterday from Jim Kavney, (Hiss 'n' Things, Inc.). I called in my credit card number, and walla, my snake arrived this morning at 9:30am.

It actually looks BETTER than the picture!!!

This guy knows how to do business, and I would like to thank him for doing such a great job!!

I do believe I will be doing business with him again in the future!

Stephen Barger
Newport News, VA

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!