question PLEASE HELP - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
shaawnhall
question PLEASE HELP

im sorry if this is the wrong section

but my question is if i have a 66% het for albino male red tail boa how can i get albino's ?

and what is a jungle red tail boa exactly?

thanks

Old 02-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
hhmoore
Quote:
i have a 66% het for albino male red tail boa how can i get albino's ?
The easiest way is to contact any of the numerous people selling them, and arrange purchase...or just bring $$ to the nearest reptile show.
Since I'm guessing that what you really want is to breed boas, and see baby albinos in the litter - first you would need a female that is either an albino, or heterozygous for albino, (of the same strain, of course). Then, you need a bit of luck, since your male doesn't definitely carry the albino trait. If he doesn't, you can breed him to a visual albino & get nothing but normal looking babies.

(I moved this to the Boa Discussion forum.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
shaawnhall
thanks man that helped im new to boas sorry

Old 02-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Twizted Paths
I see you also say you run a rescue. I hope you have very strict quarantine practices between your breeders, new acquisitions and the rescues.

Jungles are a co dominate BCI morph where both the pattern and the color of the animal is affected to a varying degree. While there are 'markers' none of them are 100% and with the color changes neos tend to go through the distinct coloring isn't even a given unless you're looking at an older specimen. It's best to get one from a breeder who has an excellent reputation. I have Jungles, but I also have quite a few non Jungles who look more jungley than then the real deals. It gets even messier when you mix them with the other morphs. Bottom line with them is that they HAVE to be traceable back to the original Lars Brandle Swedish stock or they're Not a Jungle.

I believe there's a thread here some where with some pictures and markers, just run a search here in the boa forum. If you see a thread started by AwesomeApril check it out, she has some beautiful low expressions & she takes much better pictures than I do

Here are two of my Jungles and a non jungle litter mate for reference ~
The first one is JB
The second one is JB with Link on top of him
The third one is Link & Zine, his non Jungle litter mate
& the fourth doesn't show much (but it's cute) is JB & Link again

Old 02-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
Twizted Paths

Apparently the photos decided not to upload. I'll load them to my album and get them up for you tomorrow.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
shaawnhall
i rescue all kinds of anamals im just recently getting into reptiles and thanks so much on the info

Old 02-08-2010, 12:49 AM   #7
Twizted Paths
No problem, sorry the pics didn't show.

I only brought up the Q because that, and a good reptile vet, are extremely important yet somehow constantly either brushed aside or unknown to people entering the herp world until something drastic happens. I'm a firm believer in preventive measures.

If you want I can dig up a thread here that has an excellent quarantine procedure pdf concerning reptiles.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #8
shaawnhall
i completly agree also on the vet i have an exotic vet that has worked with exotics for 25 years and i met some oher reptile ppl that he has seen and they all seem to like him now i have ball pythons (just normals) that i take to him and he seems to be cool this is the first boa ive ever owned so i can use all the help from knoladgeable ppl lol thanks agian

Old 02-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaawnhall View Post
i completly agree also on the vet i have an exotic vet that has worked with exotics for 25 years and i met some oher reptile ppl that he has seen and they all seem to like him now i have ball pythons (just normals) that i take to him and he seems to be cool this is the first boa ive ever owned so i can use all the help from knoladgeable ppl lol thanks agian
I see that one of FC's members (who is studying to become a vet) has just touched base about quarantine protocol. Ask him anything you want , I'm confident that after all is said and done, he'll help you figure out an effective strategy for quarantining your animals.

The following is a link to his thread...

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...022#post867022

P.S. Good catch Bell . The importance of strict quarantine practices should never be overlooked.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!