Bad Guy possible skammer(joseydiann) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
geckoman2
possible skammer(joseydiann)

WATCH OUT FOR AMANDA TANNER AKA JOSEDIANN.SHE CONTACTED ME ABOUT A TRADE WHEN I SAID I WOULD DO IT SHE TOLD ME TO SHIP N SHIP WOULD SHIP ON THAT FOLLOWING MONDAY THIS WAS ON WED AND WHEN I TOLD HER I WISHED TO SPEAK WITH HER OVER THE PHONE B4 I SHIP SHE SAID SHE CANT TIE UP HER PHONES LIKE THAT.SO ANYONE PLANING ON DOING BUSSINESS WITH HER WATCH OUT I WOULD SAY SHE IS UP TO NO GOOD.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
Shadera
What exactly did she do that makes her a scammer? Is there proof? Cause if you're going just based on the fact that she doesn't wanna talk on the phone, there are a lot of us scammers out there.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 AM   #3
StrictlyExotics
John,

Have you made her aware of this thread. Secondly, If you shipped out on Wednesday, she would receive on Thursday right. I personally would not ship out on Thursday either. I am pretty sure that I am not alone on this shipping issue as well. Many people prefer to ship Mon-Wed just in case something happens.

I am pretty sure that I talked to Amanda about shipping recently. I believe she lives quite a ways from her nearest location that will accept reptile packages as well and that may make it a little harder for shipping as well.

While I dont know what has transpired in your issues with her, but I think I would like to see a little more proof before we label her a scammer. This could just be a lack of communication between the both you and could possibly be something you both can work out. I would seriously suggest that both of you open the communications channels to see if there is anything to resolve here at this point. If not, I would post emails that you have received to state your case. Good luck to the both of you.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
hhmoore
She told you to ship n ship would ship?? (anybody else hearing Freak Nasty right now??)

What were the circumstances when you asked her to call you? There are a lot of times I might be able to be online, but not in a position to make a phone call...especially if its long distance. "Can't tie up the phone lines" by itself sounds like an odd excuse, but sometimes there are more pressing things than a reptile trade...or maybe she was at work?

Have you notified Amanda of this thread, so she can comment?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
PAVLOVK1025
I dont think she's a scammer. Or a bad guy.
So maybe this shouldve been an inquiry instead?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #6
hhmoore
OK, John...now I'm curious.
Last night, Amanda posted in your ad, asking you if the snakes you were advertising were the ones supposedly being held for her (and she said she was sending you a message).
This morning, you responded to her...then jumped to the BOI to post this thread - why? There was obviously communication going on, why not try to sort it out before trying to brand her a scammer? She responded there within 15 minutes...
Coincidentally, yesterday was Wednesday...and since she thought the snakes were being held for her, it really seems as if this whole thing happened YESTERDAY. Rush much?

And why did you delete your ad?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
StrictlyExotics
Wow, he must have JUST deleted his ad. It was up right before I posted my first on this to see what was up first.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #8
Utta
John. your post is hard to understand, so ill wing it going by what i understood.

Can you post any PM's, Emails or Texts between you two? (or any other proof)

Why was this a "Bad Guy" thread if you state in your original post "I WOULD SAY SHE IS UP TO NO GOOD. "? To me this indicated Opinion.

did you stop to think about why she couldn't talk on the phone? maybe on a Dial-Up connection and cant be on-line and talk on the phone at the same time?

and you removing your thread indicates that the animals listed WERE the ones you were holding for her.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #9
Utta
Harald, can you please bring the deleted add back up?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
joseydiann
OMG really? NO I was not told this way here!
I don't need this just let it go guys. I'm a scammer because I said I'd ship out on Monday that I had other orders going out then too and NO I won't ship anything with it being so close to the weekend I'm sorry.

I did NOT at any time tell him, twist his arm, or demand that he ship 4 days before I did, that's just silly!

As for the phone, I explained my reason which I guess I'll share with everyone here too. I live with and take care of my disabled mother who does not like the idea that I give her number to strangers and no I can't tie up her lines with my reptile breeding business especially long distance and he wanted me to call him.
I told him I understood if he didn't want to go through with the trade but I could not call ect.. he then mailed back saying he REALLLY wanted to do the trade and still wanting to call.
However he informed me that he had sold one of the snakes that was part of our deal and I could have another.
I went back to the "corn snake" forum to find that he had been posting the other snakes "the females" that were part of the trade for sale and didn't even bother to tell me.
He could have said "hey I'm re-listing these snakes this isn't going to work" he posted them again and then came back to me, but instead I just run onto it while waiting to hear from him.

You'll find my comments there on his corn snake ad, I just thought oh well and left it at that and told him good luck. No idea why he would bring it here like this so fast.

And just jumping the gun and calling me a scammer is just rude especially when I have been breeding and selling reptiles for many years, when I have a website with over 100 memebrs, and great customer comments and testimonials posted right on my site.
And believe it or not I have shipped 100's of reptiles without ever having to talk to someone on the phone.

I don't have time for petty childish games and as I told him "yeah some scammer I am huh, I scam so many people that they join my site and keep coming back for more scamming."

No hard feeling, life is short. I do hope he gets what he's looking for or sells his snakes.

And to be honest, and some of you know how BAD I want a snake I'm glad I didn't do the trade because he was getting over $400 worth of Leos and one of those snakes was only worth $30..

Maybe I should avoid this place or I'll eventually end up trading $2000 worth of reptiles just to get a snake hehe..

Yours truly
Amanda (now labeled a scammer)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!