Bad Guy Robert Faegre of Del Rio TX ripped me off!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Desert Queen
Angry Robert Faegre of Del Rio TX ripped me off!!

I sent this guy two US Postal Money orders for 700.00 total for a Juno Rd. male adult and a 2009 pair of Hueco alternas. When it came time to ship, Robert Faegre failed to do so. After many unanswered emails and phone calls I finally got a reply that he would ship the next day. He failed to do so again, and after days of unanswered emails and phone messages, I filed a complaint with the FBI Internet Fraud Center and the U.S. Postmaster General. This guy claims to own a business called True Flight in Del Rio. BEWARE!!! He is a scammer. It seems I couldn't get the money to him fast enough and then when he received it, he was gone! It's unfortunate too because I planned to do future business with him before I found out he is a THEIF!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
deborahbroadus
I'm terribly sorry that this happened to you. Please post all correspondence to support your claim and send Robert a link to this thread..perhaps he will speak and a resolution can be found.

P.S It's a good thing you used a Postal Money Order, the other members may have suggestions that can help you retrieve your money.

Good luck!

Old 05-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
Desert Queen
Thanks!

I have all corresponding emails from him and he admits to receiving the money orders and I have confirmation receipts as well. I did send him the link. I also have emails of him stating that he was going to ship. I have a FEDex account and mailed him 3 labels because he repeatedly didn't ship. The tracking numbers have never been registered.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
NJ Serpents
Hope this isnt overly paranoid, but the pieces may fit...Del Rio Tx/ Alterna's/ Bob Sloan. I remember seeing some posts somewhere that he was into selling Alterna's, under (surprise) an assumed name....just wondering.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Desert Queen
You know what?

You might be on to something there. I'll give that name as a possible alias to the authorities.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
NJ Serpents
...i was right...i'm really sorry. http://www.homegrownherps.com/black_list.htm. Look about 1/2 way down the page there is B. Faegre.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
NJ Serpents
oops, sorry....just scroll down a LITTLE...and there it is

Old 05-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
Desert Queen
WOW!

This guy is a sociopath. Well, I'm not going away until he's behind bars. AGAIN!
I hope he enjoys reading this

Old 05-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Desert Queen
Here's his current info

Robert Faegre/Robert Sloan/Bob Sloan
True Flight
210 Edward Drive
Del Rio TX 78840

830-494-1535

Here's his current e-mail culebracaliente@juno.com

He's still at the same address as listed on The Black List

Also, he claimed that True Flight was a taxidermy business.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #10
LBenton
Sorry to hear that Bob is a known scammer, can you direct us to the add where you found the animals, even it is gone it is pretty easy to get his user account turned off on whatever site he is going through.

FWIW, if he stays true to history he will make a lot of threats to you and your family and spend an amazing amount of time and energy trying to cause problems. Just wanted to make sure you were ready for what is likely to come next.

Here is my last run-in with Bob

Anyway, please link us to where he was selling the animals or tell us how you heard of him... It is important to remove his portals that he uses to rip people off.

Thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!