POWER OUTAGE AND EGGS. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
The Python Lab
POWER OUTAGE AND EGGS.

OK, I have 11 eggs in the incubator and we had a nice storm last night that knocked the power out. I tossed my last heat packs into the incubator and did all I could, but this morning the temp still dipped to 79.4. It was there for a few short hours before the power was returned and the incubator is back up and running. Any opinions on wether this is a lost clutch or?

Old 06-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Abby
I think they will be fine. That temperature shouldn't kill any eggs in that amount of time, possibly halt development for a time period but I would bet they will hatch out just fine. Too high of temperatures are much more dangerous than a temporary drop (as long as it isn't freezing of course.) Don't give up on em

Old 06-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
gsrept
they will be fine the temps are not constant in the wild.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Bob O'Brien
They should be fine, your lucky your power is back on so soon. I know a few that probably wont have it till tomorrow night.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
Quiet Tempest
Ditto with the others. Temp drops are far less dangerous for developing embryos than increases. Glad to hear your power is back on!

Old 06-19-2010, 11:43 PM   #6
Melinda
I also think they will be fine. I put my coolerbator in a different room this season and it kept tripping the surge protector. The coolerbator got down to 74 degrees for a day or so before I checked again and plugged it in elsewhere. Darn light switch is wired to the top plug of the electrical outlet, coolerbator was plugged into the bottom. It shouldn't have been a problem but everytime I turned the light on, the surge protector tripped. That was 4 weeks or more ago and the eggs are hatching out fine now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!