NATURE ZONE appetite pluss??? any reviews? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
yourbeat
NATURE ZONE appetite pluss??? any reviews?

im thnking about giving this stuff a shot, usually i would say its a bunch of useless crap to just sell to ppl who will buy anything. but in my case i have a juvi bearded who is now being extremely stubbern with his eating....nothings changed in his cage at all and he went from eating like a champ every day to only a little here and there his body weight hasnt dropped at all but he was growing like a weed and now just wont eat much for whatever reason i dont know....hes in a melamine cage hot sides avg is 100 cool side around 80 he has his hide log/perches a reptisun 10.0 as well...all bases seem covered but he just is being stubbern....i tried dubias which he used to go nuts over, crickets, supers, collards, mustards...everything hes slowed down on drinking a bit too so i try and give him gatorade at least once a week....so the question is, has anyone had success with the appetite pluss at all? any info would be appreciated. thanks

Old 01-17-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
mmdragons
I had a similar problem, I have a thread on here about my baby's eating problems. I nvr tried that stuff. I was told to use watered down baby food (like turkey) and clacium and use a syrinch to but it in his mouth but my dragon didnt eat for weeks and became extremely thin. Sorry if i missed it, but how long since he has eaten? I dont know if trying tht right away will help your dragon.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
yourbeat
he still dont go more then 2-3 days at most without eating, its just only a little, enough to maintain his body weight now....i dont think im at the baby food stage yet

Old 01-17-2011, 01:38 AM   #4
DiamondDen
I have used that stuff a few times and i personaly think it works, how old is this dragon and do you have anything in his cage?

Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
yourbeat
hes roughly 4-5 months old at 16 ins at 145 grams....he has hide half log in there...other then that just paper towels and his heat/uv lights i covered his plexiglass doors with newspaper to see if maybe it was some sort of stress caused by us? i dont know i guess ill see if it works but i think i wanna order the appetiote stuff, if it works great if it dont...i cross it off the list...just wanted to see if it worked for anyone else

Old 01-17-2011, 02:05 AM   #6
DiamondDen
Ok, so he sounds like he is on the longer side for his age, is it possible hes a little older then that?

Is he useing his heat spot much or staying on the cool side/in his hide, this time of year he could be cooling himself, normally if a dragon stops eating or slows eating but dosnt lose weight it tends to be them cooling, keeping an eye on his weight it is important because if he starts loseing weight it could be a problem, maybe parasites, or stress, but parasites are a big one for appetite loss normally though there would be weight loss and eventually he would pretty much not eat at all and start to go down hill.

Dose he have any stress bars under his tummy? do any of his bones show more, and dose he have nice fat pads on his tail base, eyes sunken in on the top or normal, a picture would be of great help. of him and his cage.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:20 AM   #7
yourbeat
he has a very long tail for his age imo...hm he still seems to bask a good bit to me, as far as stress marks go some days there slightly there some days there not there at all...i have been weighing him every 2-3 days or so and hes solid...its possible he might be a bit older but not by much...his body seems right for his age hes just got a long tail....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2075.jpg (152.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2081.jpg (113.1 KB, 47 views)

Old 01-17-2011, 02:22 AM   #8
yourbeat
he seems to have a good weight at the base of his tail, eyes look good to me as well....i can take pictures of the cage tomorrow when the lights are on so you get a better idea...

Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
DiamondDen
Did you manage to get the picture of his setup?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
yourbeat
ahhh no i didnt, i had alot of things to get done today, good news is he ate pretty well today for i did go out, he ate a good 12 dubias or so...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!