"Simply Snakes"=simply pathetic - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-25-2003, 12:49 AM   #1
evansnakes
"Simply Snakes"=simply pathetic

Beth and Paul, Simply Snakes, have an average, imported male crocodile monitor posted for sale. I sent them a nice email asking them if they would consider delivering to the Daytona show since they are unable to ship the animal (then why are they selling it on the net). I also asked if they were a little flexible on the price as they are asking $1,000 for it. If you know croc monitors the only ones that sell for $1,000+ are babies. Large animals are all over the net for $375-750 each, ESPECIALLY MALES.

So they get back to me, not telling me what they could an dcould not do, not mentioning price, but instead write simply:

"I would need a large deposit or payment in full to hold it here for a couple weeks."

I respond that if I am happy with the price and they will deliver to the expo to a friend that I will pay in full prior, no trouble.

They then respond:

"Yes, It is $1000.00 firm"

I respond thanking them and saying that I will have to pass.

Then I get an email from them:

"The AD SAYS FIRM. You should not waste peoples time."

So dear reader, just know that not only do these people not want your buisness and they do not answer questions or practice any manners or etiquite whatsoever online, but they are too busy for people to try to buy their animals. I guess they are too good for us and don't need the money. Who is that busy? Do you think they may be brain surgeons? Maybe rocket scientists? Hum.

Old 07-25-2003, 01:46 AM   #2
cka
They must be the busiest people around...those three responses probably took 15 seconds apiece...

Old 07-25-2003, 03:17 PM   #3
David Reid
Did I miss something.....?

I am still waiting to read something HORRIBLE about them to warrent the title to this thread....did the ad say the price was FIRM?

Old 07-25-2003, 05:28 PM   #4
K Swan
I know Paul very well, and am surprised to find that he would reply this way. Even so, I'm wondering if he deserves this strong of a post-a man is in the reptile business for half his life, strives to get a following of customers (which he has), volunteers for many reptile events, president of the local herp society (which he founded), and then gets a very negative reprimand that pictures him to the unknown as a nasty, mannerless guy. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be angry or should, but with the tons of people that read these threads, he is pictured in your post as a business to avoid- Is that the intent of the posting, and does this incident deserve that? And correct me if I'm wrong, is there some sarcasm regarding overcharging for the monitor (since it's in caps)? Why is that bad?

I think if I were making a post like this, I would like to think I would have quoted the e-mail (as you did), and asked if this was typical of Paul before assuming anything (or confronted him about it)-but easy for me to say I guess...I'm just very uneasy about the power one headline on this BOI can have, and it's ability to ruin a reputation.

Kerry Swan
El Lagarto Farm
Citra, Fl

Old 07-25-2003, 06:45 PM   #5
evansnakes
Kerry, I put their exact words and only their exact words and in fact the only words they had the time to send me. If they come off badly in this thread that is their fault not mine. I am tired of being treated like crap via email when I am simply responding to peoples advertisements that invite responses. If they do not have time to answer the questions they should pull the damn ads!

Old 07-25-2003, 06:56 PM   #6
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by evansnakes
Kerry, I put their exact words and only their exact words and in fact the only words they had the time to send me. If they come off badly in this thread that is their fault not mine. I am tired of being treated like crap via email when I am simply responding to peoples advertisements that invite responses. If they do not have time to answer the questions they should pull the damn ads!
I'll vouch for Evan's politeness via email.. lol.. even when sending me bad emails about another situation we were having over another debate about a year ago or so (I can't remember what it was).... he was nice and polite throughout. LoL.. I don't even remember what we were fighting about anymore.. do you?

I personally think its bad business to treat others with no respect via email and a portrayal of how they do business.

Old 07-25-2003, 07:18 PM   #7
simplysnakes
Evan Stahl

I would like to thank Evan for being the unbelievable jerk of the year. He is upset because I won't sell my croc monitor to him for a lower price. I stated in an email that I did not want to lower the price, and my ad on kingsnake was stated firm on price, serios inquiries only. Why then does he hassle me about delivering the animal to Daytona in the first place if it is too expensive? I did state that I would need a large deposit in order to hold the animal for several weeks. This is due to people changing their minds and deals falling through. He then sent me the most nastiest fowl language email I have yet to recieve. Want to read his email and see? Send me email at SimpSnake@aol.com and I will forward it to you. That should settle his temper tantrum online. If you go to our website at SimplySnakes.com you can read feedback from all of our customers that cared to post there.
Basically, Evan did not get his way and decided to build up his temper and begin posting nasty lies online. Be careful Evan, I will defend my name and my wifes to extreme measures. I suggest you retract your posting because it is false. Once again, if the price is too high for him, why is he even responding to the ad?

Old 07-25-2003, 09:35 PM   #8
evansnakes
More simply stupid snakes comments. Where did I lie pal? I wrote on here your exact words. Point out one thing that I said that is not true. You can't. I don't care if you want to sell your animal or not. The point is that I was very courteous and thanked you for your time after you were very rude to me and avoided answering my questions. After I asked if you would bring it to the expo, you responded that you would (since you can't figure out how to ship) and did not mention price at all even though I asked twice in two separate emails prior to that if you would do better. You never answered my question. When you ever so rudely answered that the price was firm, I very nicely thanked you for your time and told you that I would pass. You then sent me a nasty email that I should not waste people's time. So go to hell pal! I tried to buy your animal. You won't ship, don't want to hold on to it and don't want to better on price. Ontop of that every email you sent me was rude. You suck. Simple

Old 07-25-2003, 09:41 PM   #9
David Reid
Evan...you appear vindictive...

This is one of those threads where the person who started the thread looks like the bad guy. If you were so courteous in your emails, why so antagonistic here? This is not a place to cry about someone not taking your price, man, you have really changed my opinion about you...this thread should have never been started, should have been kept in email if ANYTHING!

Dave

Old 07-25-2003, 09:52 PM   #10
Wilomn
HHHMMMMMMMM,

I just read the email that Even sent to Simplysnakes. It did have a lot of profanity in it. I think that now would be a good time for both of you to post ALL emails so that we can get a better picture of this whole thing. As yet I am unsure if Simplysnakes was out of line.

Wes Pollock

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!