Selling - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
David Reid
Selling

Hypothetical questions:

If you buy a Pied male and it is low white, and you pay say $350 for it, if it turns out to be just a nice ringer, and niether parent was a Pied or Het Pied, should you sell it as "Maybe a Pied?" or should you sell it as a Ringer for Ringer money? Should you send it back to the breeder and get your money back.

What if you bought a snake as a Spider and you put it up for sale for Spider money and everyone tells you it is a nice reduced patterned normal, and in no way shape or form a Spider. Should you keep the ad up as a Spider or Possible Spider for Spider money, or should you bite the bullet and keep your reptutation in tact, and sell it as a nice reduced patterned normal?

Dave

Old 02-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
Lucille
My opinion? Your rep is everything, your future. If you have to ask the question about whether something should be sold as valuable A or less expensive B, go with the B every time. It will get around either way.

On the pied, you did not see the snake or pix prior to puchase?

Old 02-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
The Python Lab
Take the loss or send them back. Either way make it known the names of the sellers and their practices to save others from the same issues.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid View Post
Hypothetical questions:

If you buy a Pied male and it is low white, and you pay say $350 for it, if it turns out to be just a nice ringer, and niether parent was a Pied or Het Pied, should you sell it as "Maybe a Pied?" or should you sell it as a Ringer for Ringer money? Should you send it back to the breeder and get your money back.

What if you bought a snake as a Spider and you put it up for sale for Spider money and everyone tells you it is a nice reduced patterned normal, and in no way shape or form a Spider. Should you keep the ad up as a Spider or Possible Spider for Spider money, or should you bite the bullet and keep your reptutation in tact, and sell it as a nice reduced patterned normal?

Dave
Here a similar situation http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=226361

Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
bkline
I would def send the pied back. The spider should be pretty easy to make a educated guess if it's a reduced normal. But I would post the seller and make sure they correct there wrongfulness

Old 02-13-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERPENTS DEN View Post
Steve, I'm thinking it might be good to keep BOI issues in the BOI. I think we can all discuss the hypos here and then bring our conclusions where they lead.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
The Python Lab
If you can post a pic of the spider / reduced pattern ball I'd like to see it. I'm sure even if it is a reduced someone may like the look and be willing to offer you a more then fair price for it. I love reduced patterns personally.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #8
David Reid
Steve is on the right track....my question was a Hypothetical.....if you buy a snake and find out it is not as advertised, what do you do as the buyer of the questionable snake?

Dave

Old 02-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Steve, I'm thinking it might be good to keep BOI issues in the BOI. I think we can all discuss the hypos here and then bring our conclusions where they lead.

I'm just showing one example of what can happen without further discussing it here.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #10
hhmoore
Steve - David was making an effort to work within the rules of this site by NOT bringing BOI issues into the discussion forums, and NOT making this about a specific person. I'm pretty sure you knew that (it was pretty obvious that the situation was modified slightly so as not to obviously point that finger).

Quote:
I'm just showing one example of what can happen without further discussing it here.
Not buying that one for 2 seconds

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!