Bad Guy Big Apple Pet Supply - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
luvzebra3
Big Apple Pet Supply

I recently ordered UTH from Big Apple Pet Supply? I placed the heat mat under my new enclosure and went to turn it on and the switch would not move. They made me pay to ship it back and then accused me of putting glue into the switch!!! I couldn't believe it! Why on earth would I put glue into the switch? Especially since that would mean I couldn't put my snake into her new enclosure! That is how they sent it to me! Absolutely HORRIBLE customer service - so beware! They will ship you faulty products, then charge you to replace it and then accuse you of breaking it!

Old 03-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
LauraB
If you have any emails relative to the accusation, please post them.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
EastCoastArboreals
I've ordered a few UVA/UVB compact flo bulbs from them before and half of them didn't even work or they worked for a day then blew out. That's all I have to say.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
luvzebra3
My first email:

Date: 02/25/2011 01:21 PM
To: sales@bigapplepetsupply.com
Subject: faulty heat pad

Hello,

On Jan. 18, 2011, I placed an order (order #137810) which included 2 Adjust-A-Temp Heat Mats. I finally finished my new enclosures for which I ordered the heat mats and applied them, unfortunately on one of them the switch that adjusts the temperature does not move. It is completely immovable. I would like to exchange it for another one please.

I also need to order a few other things, so how should we best handle this?

Thank you

Their reply:
Hi Lisa,

If the mat is stuck in the low setting which is normally how it comes 99.9% of people leave it there and never go to medium or high because that is typically too hot. Did you check the temperature production? Of course, we'll be happy to have you send it in to exchange it.

In fact, you can always place a new order for a new one along with the products that you were also looking to get and then we can do a return authorization and refund you for the one purchased on 1/18.

Thanks,

Andy
Customer Support
800-92-APPLE
Big Apple Pet Supply

Can you believe the comment that implies that if is stuck in the low setting, it's ok because I won't need the other settings anyway! And they didn't mention the fact that I would have to pay the return shipping on their faulty product.

Then attached to the email about the credit was this note:
Unit Received with Control switch having glue on the sides of the control box and leaking into the actual slide switch - Glue is not used in the manufacturing of these units so glue was applied and technically voided warranty. However, customer had the unit replaced prior to sending back at no charge.
Umm - no charge? I paid to have it sent back! Have a receipt to prove it!

Old 03-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
RichsBallPythons
Return Shipping with products like that is usually if not always paid on by the customer.

Try buying something off Ebay or similar sites. Ive never had problems sending something back on my dime to get it replaced.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
Maurer3D
From reading this post it looks like they did everything they were supposed to do. I have been dealing with Big Apple for many years (pretty much since the company formed) and never had a problem that wasn't fixed in a timely and appropriate manor.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
luvzebra3
Well after just speaking to Steve, the owner of Big Apple - the situation has been made better. He agreed it was handled poorly and apologized. He verified that a credit was given (it had not shown up on my bank card yet) and offered an additional credit to make up for the shipping and frustration. I will give them another chance.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #8
MajorLeagueReptiles
I understand your frustration, but when purchasing online goods the customer always pays for return shipping for refunds or exchanges. However, they shouldn't have implied that you could be satisfied with a stuck low setting heat pad like other customers or accused you of putting glue in the switch. Obviously the manufacturer glued the switch, and I can understand how that accusation would upset you. I'm glad that Steve took care of you and made it all better. Big Apple Pet Supply is a good company that I personally order from.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #9
FosterHerpetological
IMO, once again another pre-mature bad guy thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #10
RachelSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueReptiles View Post
I understand your frustration, but when purchasing online goods the customer always pays for return shipping for refunds or exchanges. However, they shouldn't have implied that you could be satisfied with a stuck low setting heat pad like other customers or accused you of putting glue in the switch. Obviously the manufacturer glued the switch, and I can understand how that accusation would upset you. I'm glad that Steve took care of you and made it all better. Big Apple Pet Supply is a good company that I personally order from.
I completely disagree here. If you are sold a faulty or broken product, it's the responsibility of the seller to pay to return it, plain and simple. If you buy an item and want to return it because you don't want it, customer pays return shipping. That's how it works with Amazon, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble, etc when I buy from them online and get the wrong item or a broken item.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!