Todd Callan/ Kenny gall - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-14-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
craig kade
Angry Todd Callan/ Kenny gall

Well my dh snow female that I got from Todd Callan just droppped and guess what out of 13 babies not only did I not get a snow, I also did not get any anerys. I did get 3 albinos and 10 normals. I have tried to get ahold of Todd Callan, via email with no luck. I purchased the "dh hets" from him.They were sold to him by Kenny Gall. I have since read some posts on Kenny and I have little hopes of hearing from him, however I would like to get ahold of Todd Callan and at least give him a chance to make it right. If anyone can help me contact via phone or a new email address I would appreciate it. I do not want to call him a bad guy prematurly, but I am seriously disappointed. Thank You.
Craig Kade.

Old 08-14-2003, 09:49 PM   #2
Casey Hulse
Snow??

Sorry Craig. There should have been some anerys you would think.
There was a thread last year or the year before, right after Kenny Gall quit herps about his anery female boa, Some who saw it said it was just a dark boa and not an anery at all. If I remember correctly Kenny was selling his "double hets" for 1/2 the market price. ($500 a pr.)

Old 08-14-2003, 09:58 PM   #3
craig kade
Well I bought mine from Todd and I paid $1500 for the trio. I got them 2 years ago almost to the day.Thanks for the response Casey, I will talk to you later. Oh and it was actually 11 normal looking and 3 albinos, recounted them today. I guess it was a blessing the male out of the trio did not breed. I bred it with my real dh snow male. So at least the albinos are 50% possible het snow. Craig Kade

Old 08-14-2003, 10:11 PM   #4
Suncoast Herpetological
Craig

I wouldn't give up all hope at this point. If memory serves (it's been a while since college genetics). Statistically, one out of sixteen should have been snow. A total of 4 should have been either amel or anery. You got 3 Amels so you are really not too far off the statistacal average for a clutch of 15. I have never dealt with the person you purchased from but i would definitely say that this breeding does not rule out the genetics you were promised.

If you had gotten these results from a Snow to Double Het Breeding it would be different.

Hopefully next years breeding will give you a happier result

Old 08-14-2003, 10:52 PM   #5
craig kade
I beleive your genetics are a little off, out of 16 I should of had 3 anery and 3 albinos plus a snow, not having a snow did not phase me, I had a litter earlier this year with no snows, but I did get my 3 albinos and 3 anerys. Please be careful how you read this post. I mean no disrespect when I say I beleive your genetics are a little off, but if you read it like I have an attitude you might be offended. Thank you for the post. It is possible that she is a dh snow, but 1out of 4 should have been anery. With other facts I have learned about this Kenny Gall fellow, I am pretty sure I got screwed. My only hope is Todd Callan steps up and takes care of it. Thanks you. Craig Kade.

Old 08-14-2003, 11:01 PM   #6
craig kade
REWARD

Lets make it interesting. The first person who can give me a valid address, phone number, and email for Todd Callan gets a pair of 66% poss het albino, 50% possible het anerys for their trouble. No BS. you pay the shipping and you will have them as soon as I contact him. So if someone is sitting there thinking "yeah I know where to get ahold of him, but why post" maybe this will be motivation enough. Thanks. Craig Kade

Old 08-14-2003, 11:44 PM   #7
craig kade
WOW! HOLY FULL MAILBOXES BATMAN

I guess I should have been a little more specific, I know there are 200 diferent websites that let you pop a name in and they spit you out a ton of todd callans or T. Callans. If you want to call them all and try to verify wich one is him go right ahead. What I was hoping for is someone who knew him to let me know where he is. Last address I have for him is CSU 4892 williamsburg, VA. 23186. I was unable to find a todd or T. Callan at that address.Thank you all that responded I appreciate all the mail, and to answer one of the questions I got. No I do not want to drive down and kick his A$$. I just want him to make it right, and I think he will if I can get ahold of him.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:17 AM   #8
Suncoast Herpetological
Craig

I ran the punnett square again and I stand corrected. A total of six (by average) should have been either Amel (3) or Anery (3). I will say though that out of several hundred clutches of Colubrids I have hatched, I have seen those averages skewed all to hell in specific clutches. Keep a good thought and maybe you will get lucky next season.

Old 08-15-2003, 03:49 PM   #9
Dave26
Genetics isn't always exact. I've known of people breeding a 100% het with a homozygous and got all normals. And vice-versa.

Old 08-15-2003, 04:12 PM   #10
SPJ
Quote:
I've known of people breeding a 100% het with a homozygous and got all normals.
You mean to tell me they bred say an albino with a 100% het albino and did not get even 1 albino out of the clutch!?

I would seriously consider that to be a case where the het was not a het at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!