Bad Guy a.fisher or Amanda Deckard Reptile Flipper - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #1
JMartin1982
a.fisher or Amanda Deckard Reptile Flipper

I never thought I be putting up a bad guy thread but I think people need to be warned. I was going back and forth about if this is a bad guy post or not. But there's a lot of things that Amanda is doing that I've seen to warrant a bad guy post.

Her name is Amanda Deckard or Amanda Fisher as she goes by both names. Her email on here is snakecharmer1234@yahoo.com. Her phone number is 417-522-5395. She lives in a house off Warren st. in Springfield Mo. Her ID name is a.fisher here on Fauna. She got for free two boas from a good friend of mine (who was her friend until she saw what she was doing) less than month ago is flipping them now on craigslist. Animal Control was called to her place for this also. She doesn't practice good husbandry skills for her reptiles. Most have mites or URI. What she buys goes strait to her reptile room with the others with mites and URI. She buys for cheap, trades or gets a reptiles off here on a spur of the moment situations. Then realizes this is not what she wants or gets bored of them and flips them on here or on craigslist. They live in filthy filthy conditions. This is not how you want your reptiles ending up or going to or buying off of. I was with my friend at Amanda's house the day my friend took these pics with her cell phone and thought I'd share them of how she takes care of her reptiles. My friend offered to help her out and have this boa put to sleep but she refused saying "she knew what she was doing". That is her response to everything if you try to help her. Or My friend has been doing this X amount of years with out problems. Which just causes endless suffering for the reptile because she don't know anything of how to take care of reptiles. This boa in the pictures had babies. It's a wonder she didn't die giving birth. Only 3 babies survived the rest was dead. What a waste. Is this is how your reptiles will end up if you let them go to her? Is that what you want for them? A life of suffering? The pics speak volumes Amanda. How do you sleep at night doing this? She will end up killing your reptile or reptiles or they will end up back on here in a day, week or month or two spreading who ever the others have in that reptiles room. I will be sending her a email shortly after I post this. Also I apologize for not answering fast after i post this has I have work and school. But I will be back on to answer all questions very soon.

Here's the pics:

http://s938.photobucket.com/albums/a...ptiles%20Room/

Old 04-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
jayd
ive seen worse set ups, but that one snake does look really bad. thats so sad how can someone get an animal, and not give it the care it needs? i take in rescues, and sadly..i just lost a lil red tail due to improper set ups. it really makes me mad that ppl dont care, or dont try. they get an animal because its "cool" and it gives the rest of us a bad name. i have a friend whos an animal controll officer, and is getting ready to go into a house, the owner is a reptile horder..its pretty sad what these poor animals endure and take before their lives are lost. hope she opens her eyes!!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Matt2979
These are some really strong accusations. Do you have any proof that these pics were taken at her house?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
JMartin1982
Those are the pics from her house. Amanda is bent over in one pics also shes the one hold the boa for the pics. Seriously what do I have to gain or lose from this thread? I just thought people should know what she's up to.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMartin1982 View Post
I She got for free two boas from a good friend of mine (who was her friend until she saw what she was doing) less than month ago is flipping them now on craigslist. Animal Control was called to her place for this also.
Why would Animal Control be called if she chose to sell some of her critters?

I think the issue is critter care and this can be complicated. After all, if you take in rescue critters some of them might be and look ill until they recover. A picture of a sick snake at her house might just mean that she took in a sick snake and not be a reflection on her.

On the other hand, if she is not quarantining her animals, or if she is mistreating them, that's not good. I'm interested in what she has to say.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Matt2979
Quote:
Those are the pics from her house. Amanda is bent over in one pics also shes the one hold the boa for the pics. Seriously what do I have to gain or lose from this thread? I just thought people should know what she's up to.
There are endless possibilities as to why you could have started this thread, but I was only asking if you had any proof. I'm not implying that you are lying; however, if someone made such allegations against you, wouldn't you want others to ask for proof, rather than just taking the other person's word?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
ShadowAceD
Do you have screen shots of the Craigslist Ads 'cause I can't find any in Springfield, MO. Her phone number doesn't yield any results either.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Seriously what do I have to gain or lose from this thread?
You said your friend gave her two snakes, and then she chose to sell them.
Perhaps your friend is upset with this turn of events.

I'm hoping to hear from Amanda here, speculation can't take the place of hearing from each side.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
dustinNMpythons
Why would she hold the snakes for you to take pictures of them? I'm not accusing you but I want to know why she would willingly let you take pictures of sick snakes that she owns. In my eyes it seems like maybe she got in a rescue that was in bad shape and let you take pictures of it. It may be a totally different situation but I just don't understand why she would let you take pictures of the snakes and position them if she was the one who put them into that condition.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
dustinNMpythons
Did you tell Amanda about this thread I want to hear her side as well?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!