Building a website - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:26 AM   #1
akaangela
Building a website

Ok I have been compelled into making a website. I have NO idea where to start. I do have a domain name (from go daddy). I guess my first question is will I have to pay for web hosting no matter where I go? And why in the name that all is holy do you need a 100 email address???? I was looking at the go daddy hosting but I am just so confused. How much space/pages should I look for? I have been told that I will need to sell products online and they want a shipping quote box as well. Is the $3 differences in the plans (on go daddy) worth it? How do you get traffic to your sites?

Note: this will not be a snake website, but you guys/girls are the smartest people I know and a LOT of you have killer websites.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
MDC_Ophiuchus
If you want to start out uber-cheap and simple, go with webs.com. Its very limited, but if you got the domain name, thats half the battle. With webs.com, you still have a lot of options and flexibility, and you can update it very easily.

I believe there's a store page option on there now, and as long as you have a paypal account, you can just link to there.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
GoDaddy is one of the worst web companies that exist. They spend more time and money on advertising then on what they should spend it (customer service). I move at least one client domain a month away from GoDaddy.

In regards to general website design and development, I have written several articles on it (every other week a new one is posted). They of course do not go into super detail because it's what I do for a living, but should be a good start for you.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
Tiki108
I personally just built a website on Vista print, it was really easy. I just built it recently and it went live today. I was pleased, but only time will tell if it's worth the money. The first month is free and after that it's $20.00, but I have the most expensive package which allows a lot more features included PayPal Cart and checkout. Hope this helps.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
WingedWolf
I pay $5 a month for web hosting, and my reptile site is using ZenCart, while my other biz site uses SilverStripe CMS. We also just made one using Joomla.

Once installed, a CMS couldn't be easier to use.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!