Interesting inventions that seem to vanish - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 06-08-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
WebSlave
Interesting inventions that seem to vanish

Old 06-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Lucille
Here are some conversations/opinions about this invention: http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/u...6;t=002848;p=0

Old 06-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
I can't comment as to the validity of this particular invention, but inventions vanish regularly anytime they are a potential threat to the status quo and the big business that feeds from it.

I remember reading an article that appeared in the Asheville Citizen, the main paper for this part of the state, in the early 90s. It was somewhere between '92 and '94.
It was a short article about the public demonstration of a new fuel technology. If I remember correctly the demonstration was taking place in Arizona.
The article stated that this new fuel for powering cars could be delivered by existing gas stations and manufactured and sold at the pump for 25 cents per gallon (at the time of course).
A modification to the engine would be required in the form of some sort of add on part that it said could be installed for $500 including labor.

So basically for a $500 investment your car could be adapted to run on this new fuel that could be produced and sold for 25 cents per gallon. Gasoline at the time was around $1 to $1.25.

That one article was all I ever heard about that new invention. I've even searched for some sort of mention of it on the net a few times over the years and found nothing that resembled what was described.
I figure the inventor of it is now retired with a healthy bank account while the patent for the device is in the possession of one of the big oil companies, sufficiently buried until such a time as it is needed, after they've made all the money they can from petroleum of course.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
SPJ
My company developed an algae based fuel that can be grown and harvested very inexpensively. A modification to gas engines would allow this fuel to burn. BP now controls the technology so don't expect it to ever come to the market.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
WebSlave
Well, this guy was offered a BILLION bucks for his patent. He refused. Guess what happened then?

Old 06-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
WebSlave
And the above is not an isolated incident, apparently..

And you thought this couldn't happen here in the USA?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #7
Dennis Hultman
Unfortunately, not surprised.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (18.7 KB, 62 views)

Old 12-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #8
keithy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HWQz_CEyWI

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!