baby boa not eating... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
mittens978
baby boa not eating...

okay so about four weeks ago i bought another baby hypo boa from a guy in walnut creek. it was about 7 weeks old when i bought it. oh and it ate a fuzzy mouse on the car ride home. i have her set up in a 27 liter sterilite, with the hot side at about 85-88 degrees, so she ate the first week and wouldn't eat the second but someone suggested i wait another week and i did and she ate on the second week, now it has been another week and she wouldn't eat today. i am starting to get kinda frustrated with this snake, any suggestions on what to do?

Old 09-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
hhmoore
Why are you getting frustrated?

Old 09-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
enharmonic
Relax, give the thing about 10 days between each feeding and don't feed if it hasn't had a bowel movement from the previous feeding. If the feeding schedule of a baby gets you so worked up, you should consider paying a little extra for adults that are more established.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
Quit feeding so often would be my advice. Let the thing build up an appetite. They do not need to eat every week, regardless of what anyone tells you. I feed my new borns at 2 week intervals, and at 6 months, it goes to three weeks. My snakes don't refuse to eat either, and they're perfectly healthy.

Old 09-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Metachrosis
Unbelievable, there are two threads not 5 threads down
on this

Old 09-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
fancyface887
Yeah don't stress. I feed babies every 10-14 days and at 6-8 months I feed every 18-21 days or so. You really don't need to over think boa feedings. Most people feed too often IMHO. I have one baby that will only eat while she is perched on the branch in her enclosure that seems to be the only "weird" thing I have encountered. Making sure they feel secure in their habitat is important until they get adjusted to your routine and their surroundings. Boas are a piece of cake when it comes to feeding just be patient.

Jason

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!