Rich Ihle....Stand up guy!!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #1
Michael Y
Thumbs up Rich Ihle....Stand up guy!!!!!!!!!

On 9/02 I purchased a 15 month old female Salmon boa from Rich Ihle. I have never learned how to probe a boa as this is just a hobby for me. I purchased this boa with the intention of breeding her in the future. This was to be my first real breeding project as she was a 66% het. Eleven months later she never seemed to eat as much or get as big as other females I have. Even though I do not know how to probe a boa I decieded to take her out and take a closer look at her tail. I was long , thin and she had huge spurs. I never really had taken that close of a look at her tail before. I emailed a couple of pics to Rich and he said she was defintely a he. Rich said he was sorry a mistake was made and he would try to find a way to make it up. I am sure EVERY top breeder has made some sort of mistake like this before but Rich went above and beyond the call of duty for me. Rich searched and searched for someway to make this up to me. Rich even posted on the Boa Forum looking for some kind of replacement. The fact it was supppose to be a female 66% het made it even more difficult to find. Rich searced for a couple of months and actually found a sister to the one I had. I picked her up from the IRBA show in San Diego this weekend. I AM VERY PLEASED!!!!! I know some breeders would have said "Oh well, you should learn how to probe a snake". Not everyone that buys snakes knows how to probe them so we have to be able to trust the top breeders like Rich and a few others like him. Rich stood behind his word even though it was WELL BEYOND a 48 hour guarentee like some people give. Rich is a stand up guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. This weekend at the San Diego show I bought a probe set, now I have to just learn how to use them.

Mike Yarish

Old 10-20-2003, 07:24 PM   #2
Ken Harbart
Yep, Rich is definitely one of the best in the business. I was "introduced" to him by Tip Powers, and can only say good about the man. His snakes are of the highest quality, as is his customer service. His sense of ethics and dedication to his animals are impressive, to say the least.

Old 10-20-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Both Rich and John are a pleasure to deal with. One of my favorite boas is a female salmon I got from them in 2002.

Regards

Old 03-26-2004, 09:21 PM   #4
Donnie Smith
I just purchased a salmon 66% possible het for albino from Rich and I couldn't be more pleased. I delt with John and he worked with me on a payment plan and held the animal for me while I paid it off. I can't find anything bad to say about the service, the animal, or anything else in the process.

This is the most expensive snake I have purchased to date, and now that I have him and have seen him, I still think I robbed them blind!

I know that this is no news to anyone here, but with this breeder, buy with confidance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!