boaphile / natures spirit - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-21-2003, 12:17 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Arrow boaphile / natures spirit

*** On 09-08-03 I ordered an 18 hole shoebox rack (clear boxes and chrome handles) with heat and lights from Jeff at the boaphile. ***

From: The_Boaphile@theboaphile.com Save Address | Headers
To: <blckkat@hardrockers.com>
CC:
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:27:27 -0700
Subject: Payment Accepted!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Stephanie Kunder,

This email confirms that jeff ronne sr has accepted the $389.00 you sent.

------------------------------
Payment Details
------------------------------

To view the details of this transaction, click the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/vst/id=80S42308WB7134519

Amount: $389.00
Transaction ID: 80S42308WB7134519
Subject: Shopping Cart

*** I sent an email requesting a time when I might be expecting my rack to arrive, I was told 2-3 weeks. The piece wasn't shipped out until 09-29-03 (the last day the rack should have ARRIVED). No big deal though, I understand people get busy. ***

From: "Joel DuBay" <sales@boaphileplastics.com> Save Address | Headers
To: <blckkat@HardRockers.com>
CC: "'South Office'" <boaphile@rconnect.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:04:33 -0500
Subject: Your Boaphile Plastics Order has shipped!

Stef,
_
_
I just wanted to drop you a note to tell you that your Boaphile Plastics order has shipped.
Your FedEx tracking number is:
You can go here to track it now:
FedEx
_
I know you’ll love the items you chose and we custom built for you from the ground up.
Your business is very important to us and we’d just like to say thank you for choosing Boaphile Plastics.
If there is anything we can ever do for you or if you have suggestions for improving our business, please let me know.
_
I know that waiting for cages and racks can build anticipation, but we take painstaking steps great pride in building our systems and we want them to be perfect you.
_
_
_
Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you!
_
_
Many thanks,
_
_
Joel Du Bay
National Sales Manager
Boaphile Plastics LLC
Ph. 763-274-0343
Fax: 763-274-1259
Email:
sales@boaphileplastics.com
On the Web: http://www.boaphileplastics.com
Professional Grade Enclosures for the Breeder and Hobbyist Alike

*** When the piece finally arrived, I was very excited and couldn't wait to open it up. I waited though until a couple days after due to construction going on in my house. When I opened it, I was not at all pleased with what I saw. First off, I didn't have the right knob screws (which they failed to email me about upon time of shipment). No problem, they had shipped out the right ones a day or so after the rack shipped. Their is a divider seperating the middle boxes from the right boxes, but none seperating the middle boxes from the left boxes. This looks silly, unprofessional, and unattractive. Then to further my displeasure with the rack, their were glue splatters here and there on the piece, and you can see glue lines where the divider was slid around a bit (or maybe it's from useing too much glue?). I expected more for the amount of money I payed for the rack. I expected something more professional and not thrown together. I let Jeff know how I felt and he refunded my money immediatly (10-05 or 10-06, not positive on which date). We arranged for FedEx to pick the rack up the coming Thursday (10-09). They never showed. I set the rack out again the next day (10-10). Again, a no show. So I emailed Jeff and asked him why FedEx wasn't picking the rack up. He aplogized and rescheduled for the next week. Still no FedEx. It is now 10-21-03, 12 days after the package was supposed to be picked up, and the thing is still sitting on my front porch. I've emailed Jeff numerous times about it, and he always apologizes and says he will reschedule. I am NOT a storage facility, and I'm tired of lugging it in and out of the house. If the piece is not off my porch by Friday 10-28-03, I am selling it to the highest bidder. ***

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 12:04 PM
To: Jeff Ronne
Subject: RE: Wrong Knob Screws

Yes. I received a call from my fiance asking me why their were screws
delivered to the house via FedEx. It took me a minute or two to put the
two things together. Would you like me to ship back the big screws???

I have a question on the way this rack was put together. Why on the
right side is their a diver seperating the right one from the left two?
This does not look very attractive or symmetrical? I am not pleased with
it, it seems as if the rack was hurredly thrown together because their
are glue splotches here and there all over. I phoned you yesterday on
the matter and left a phone # that I can be reached at as well......

Prev | Next | Reply | Reply All | Forward | Delete | Print |

From: "Jeff Ronne" <The_Boaphile@theboaphile.com> Save Address | Headers
CC: "'Joel DuBay'" <sales@boaphileplastics.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 12:45:05 -0500
Subject: RE: Wrong Knob Screws

The knobs come with the longer screws and so they are really extra. You
can just dispose of them. The rack has the additional divider in there
to provide support for the shelves. Originally we built these racks the
same dimension that your rack is today. That is exactly the same height
and width. Well after we had several of them out there, one customer
notified me that he had a small colubrid escape from the top center
space. Well we had to figure a way to fix this so this would not happen
again without making the rack any wider. The reason is we wanted the new
racks to always match in width for those who had the other models that
did not have this additional support. Well there isn't enough extra
space within the rack to allow two of those vertical dividers so we
could only install one. It has been a very effective way to give the
additional support needed. The support is held back a little way from
the front as well to make it a little less conspicuous to the eye. This
is especially true once the drawers are full of baby snakes or geckos as
the case may be.

This is the way the racks are built for the reasons I detailed above. I
am sorry you are disappointed in it and will be happy to refund your
money if you would prefer that. If for any reason you would like to
return your rack I will be happy to refund you payment immediately and
will have FedEx Ground stop by to pick it up at your convenience.

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff Ronne / The Boaphile

CEO-Boaphile Enterprises LLC

Jeff Ronne
PO Box 394
Cannon Falls, MN 55009
(507) 263-2621

The_Boaphile@theboaphile.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 4:22 PM
To: Joel DuBay
Subject: Re: Boaphile Plastics Pick up Tomorrow; Wednesday 10-14-2003

The boxed up rack is still sitting on the front porch. FedEx never
showed on Weds (10-15) or Thurs (10-16).

From: "Joel DuBay" <sales@boaphileplastics.com> Save Address | Headers
CC: "'South Office'" <boaphile@rconnect.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:46:17 -0500
Subject: RE: Boaphile Plastics Pick up Tomorrow; Wednesday 10-14-2003

I am sorry. I scheduled the pickup with FedEx for that day.
I will reschedule it again.
Is your porch at the front of your residence?

Would you please verify your address for me?
I want to make sure that I have it correct.
Thanks again,

Joel

*** these are not all the emails, just some of the recent and most important ones. ***

On a happier note. I had the BEST service from Nature's Spirit that I have EVER experienced. As soon as I sent payment for the 2 black 10 hole hatchling racks I wanted, they were shipped out the next day. They arrived TWO DAYS LATER! I couldn't be more thrilled with them! The racks are just perfect, and they were packed very well...very professional. I recommend Casey for your rack needs! Inexpensive and great quality! A+++

Old 10-21-2003, 01:34 PM   #2
Bci Joe
Sounds to me like the one time someone tried some Filet Mignon, they burned their mouth. The one time they tried Sirloin, it just so happened to be the best they've had. ... and because of that one experience they are practically condeming Filet Mognon for life!
Just my opinion..

I've had about 10 - 12 or more transactions with Jeff/Joel in the past year, and only one was as unfavorable and inconvenient.

What you need to focus on here is that mistakes/accidents/misscommunications do happen, to anyone, at anytime.
On the other hand, look at how many times they responded to you and tried to correct things and suggest otherwise or just do as you wanted.

Through my miserable experience, I biult a stronger relationship with Boaphile and they more than proved their customer service skills to me.
This, at one time, very unfortunate situation, is what led to many more transactions with Boaphile.

Again, just my opinons and experiences.

Nothing wrong with Nature's Spirit and I hope their cages serve you well.

Thanks and take care

Old 10-21-2003, 01:36 PM   #3
Bci Joe
I have also always gotten everything I needed along with extra parts and replacements, aside from that one time, which was eventually resolved anyhow. thanks again, Joe

Old 10-21-2003, 03:59 PM   #4
gila7150
I'm sorry that your experience with Boaphile wasn't as pleasant as mine was. I received great customer service and communication from them and my cages are fantastic! I like them 100 times better then Neodesha or Visions (although they are nice cages as well). My experience was with their cages not the racks...although I've heard good things about them as well.
The guys at Boaphile were just as nice when I had the pleasure of meeting them in Daytona.

It's important to note that they happily refunded your money as soon as the found out you weren't satisfied. I understand your frustration with the confusion over returning the rack but otherwise they seem to have handled your customer complaint in a professional manner (quick refund, courteous emails that apologized for not meeting your expectations).

I'm glad to hear that you found a rack you're happy with though.

Old 10-21-2003, 04:53 PM   #5
lds2
Thumbs up Nature's Spirit

I've been dealing with Darla and Casey Hulse of Nature's Spirit reptiles for the last year or so. I can tell you that they are two of the best people that I have dealt with since since my children got me involved with reptiles 14 months ago.

I have purchased bearded dragons, a ball python, and cornsnakes from them and they will bend over backwards to make sure that you are satisfied. Recently I purchased a "Snake Shack" from Casey and was absolutely satisfied. As a result, I just today ordered a second to be picked up at the Valporaiso Reptile show.

If you are looking for good, honest breeders who will work with to get what you want, I can think of no one better than Darla and Casey Hulse at Nature's Spirit Reptiles.

Old 10-21-2003, 05:13 PM   #6
HerpVenue
Boaphile = My cage and RACKS are excellent in everyway and reccomend them.

natures spirit. = My cage from them is also EXCELLENT in everyway.

Just remember sometimes shiat happens.
I am sorry you do not like yours. And you have every right to your opinion. Just remember that it is not his fault if Fed ex does not show.

also remember. He refunded you the money. therefore that is his cage. And if you sell it to the highest bidder. you are selling HIS cage without his authorization.

I can't say anything about the rest of your post.
But I can say that I do not condone selling what does not belong to you.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Also Do the right thing. He did.

Old 10-21-2003, 05:14 PM   #7
HerpVenue
If you were closer I would have yo store that thing at my place until fed ex finally decides to show up

Old 10-21-2003, 10:23 PM   #8
PeterFromme
Thumbs down WELL AT LEAST BOAPHILE RETURNED YOUR CALL

Hey Stephanie,

Just be happy boaphile returned your emails...

I've emailed them 2-3 times without a single response. I actually questioned if they are still in business in a recent thread! A few people responded that I should be patient and try to get in touch with them. Each day that passes by I'm a out an enclosure for my herps. Even to this day (2 weeks now) I haven't received an email from them. Hmmm "maybe I should try for ANOTHER two weeks just to get a single email acknowledging my existence."

To be honest, I don't understand how they survive with their lackluster customer satisfaction...

I understand an unanswered email from a busy friend, BUT 2-3 unanswered emails to a potentially paying customer is terrible....leads to post like this on the BOI.

I'm just trying to state that totally understand were you are coming from and I think Boaphile needs to pick-up a phone or start hittin' the keyboard.

Peter F.

Old 10-22-2003, 06:06 AM   #9
biff
fed ex not picking up??

I'm glad you got a refund...that is evidence they stand behind what they sell.

I've had a package a month picked up from my house since 1999, and Fedex has never missed 1 pickup.
It's odd they can't pick this item up, my guess is they aren't being called to pick it up.

Definitely opt for the "more time" food group and a registered letter before you sell it... ;-)

good luck,
Steve

Old 10-22-2003, 11:00 AM   #10
HerpVenue
Re: fed ex not picking up??

Quote:
Originally posted by biff
I'm glad you got a refund...that is evidence they stand behind what they sell.

I've had a package a month picked up from my house since 1999, and Fedex has never missed 1 pickup.
It's odd they can't pick this item up, my guess is they aren't being called to pick it up.

Definitely opt for the "more time" food group and a registered letter before you sell it... ;-)

good luck,
Steve
yeah someone forgot to tell the parties involved that she has gotten married and moved.

so naturally fed ex ain't gonna show.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!