Leopard gecko feeding question. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Morelia4life
Leopard gecko feeding question.

I have an adult male leo that I got about 4 months ago and when I first got him, he ate crickets fine without hesitation when I was just feeding him crickets. Well about two months ago, I started throwing in super worms on occasion to mix things up but now he seems to prefer super worms over crickets and I have a hard time feeding him crickets. If I am feeding him and I throw in some crickets for him, he will just ignore them but in that same feeding, if I throw in some super worms he will eat them fine. My question is, can a leo live off just super worms instead of crickets? I have read that it isn't healthy but I don't really know what to do. He has a plump tail, he is active, he is healthy, I just don't know why he prefers super worms over crickets.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
SapphireGemReptiles
leos get addicted to food types pretty easily from what i have seen with my group (4 total 2 male adults 2 female adults) as for what to do try to continue offering crickets and limiting down the supers by gradually giving him less supers and more normal crickets he should go after the crickets. only thing you have to watch out for 1. impaction if the supers chitin but other wise your ok with that if you feed presheded supers, 2. weight loss from not eating. just keep an eye on the little guy make sure hes eating and drinking and relieving himself.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Morelia4life
Yeah, I do keep an eye on him. He has a really plump tail and I change his paper towels pretty often from him using the bathroom. I wish I had a scale so I could see how much he weighs. I will try to get him on crix more. Thanks for your help.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
SapphireGemReptiles
if you need any more advice just private message me or something and ill do my best to help

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!