Working on Spreading Reptile Awareness - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Dracorex5
Working on Spreading Reptile Awareness

I'm an aspiring Biology student. One of my scholarship oppretunities involves writting an essay involving animal abuse. I feel that reptile abuse does not have eneogh, if any, focus in the law system, and I feel this is a good oppretunity to spread awareness of reptile abuse. What I need: Pictures that I have permission to use. Sadly, my pictures have to be relavent. Please, if you have any NONE-COPYWRITTEN images of reptiles that have suffered abuse, are in the process of recovery, etc., and you do not mind me using them for this project, please let me know! Post your name and your photos here, or send them to me at this email address. Please include your name

kierabrant@gmail.com
(no worries about privacy issues, this is a brand new email just for this purpose!)
Reptiles are important too... This is my chance to try and do even just a little thing

Old 03-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
WingedWolf
I have some concerns that, at the moment, such a thing might be used against the reptile industry to support negative legislation. While we can all agree that abuse law enforcement needs to be tightened up in regards to reptiles, the right to keep reptiles at all has come under widespread attack. Now may not be the right time.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
salottimc
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWolf View Post
I have some concerns that, at the moment, such a thing might be used against the reptile industry to support negative legislation. While we can all agree that abuse law enforcement needs to be tightened up in regards to reptiles, the right to keep reptiles at all has come under widespread attack. Now may not be the right time.

This would most certainly be used against us and I'm not sure where you would find people with images they own (that would most likely mean they took the photos and may be part of the abuse).

Perhaps the best course may be to write about the misinformation being spread about reptiles as a whole. Media and other organizations portray them as evil man-eating monsters which inevitably leads to normal people killing native wildlife. This would seem to be the ultimate type of abuse which is occurring to reptiles.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Dracorex5
I do see where you two are coming from. Some legislators do feel like they are saving these animals lives by keeping people from having them. I just feel very strongly against the abuse of reptiles over other animals due to being around so many. Writting about reptile awareness would be nice, though it wouldn't help me twards scholarship it's still a perfect subject to spread And in response considering photos, I was thinking along the lines of people who have recently rescued abused animals, perhaps from a rescue station. The animal reserve I work with takes before and after shots of the horses and wildlife they take in to keep an eye on progress so I was not sure if other animal keepers personally did the same. I can always turn to equine abuse though, certainly without bad reputations as reptiles have... But it's hard to put passion into something when that passion is dimmed by the existance of something else

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
reptiles