is that an egg !!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-26-2004, 08:52 PM   #1
leobreeder182
is that an egg !!!

I have an albino leo and she seems to be gravid from the looks of it, so I need yor help on judging it, thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 47.jpg (67.7 KB, 163 views)

Old 01-26-2004, 11:10 PM   #2
Monte
It sure looks like it, but do you know when . . .

. . . you will be sure . . .

. . . when you find two eggs. LOL.

In the mean time, give her something to lay the egg in - like peat moss - and you'll know soon enough.

Good luck

Old 01-26-2004, 11:51 PM   #3
DaveCable
Looks like eggs to me:

Has she been exposed to a male? I agree with Monte, you should make sure she has a place to lay her eggs. I use vermiculite in my laying containers, and lightly mist it daily. If you see her digging, get ready, because she will lay her eggs soon. Best of luck!

Old 01-27-2004, 06:39 PM   #4
leobreeder182
THANK YOU!!!

Yes I am supplying her with an egg laying chamber, I am breeding them, I am a first timer, i'm 12, and I have a small collection so far, the consist of 1 hypo tangerine carrot tail male, hypo carrot tail female, leucistic female,an albino which is pictured, with the eggs "I BELIEVE", and 2 normal females, I hope very much they are eggs they will be my first clutch ever. I will be so happy, and thank you very much.

Old 01-28-2004, 02:27 AM   #5
DaveCable
Congrats on your first eggs! I don’t mean to get your hopes down, but some first time mothers can lay unfertile eggs. To tell for sure, get a small flashlight and shine it close to your egg in a dark room. You are looking for a pink color, and red veins at the top of the egg, this is a sure sign they are fertile. Don’t give up on incubating an egg unless it completely collapses or molds over. Be expecting your female to loose a little weight; try to supplement this with wax worms or a pinkie when she is hungry, with a bit of calcium and vitamins on them. Good luck, and let us know if you have any more questions!

DaveCable

Old 01-28-2004, 03:19 AM   #6
DaveCable
Congrats on your first eggs! I don’t mean to get your hopes down, but some first time mothers can lay unfertile eggs. To tell for sure, get a small flashlight and shine it close to your egg in a dark room. You are looking for a pink color, and red veins at the top of the egg, this is a sure sign they are fertile. Don’t give up on incubating an egg unless it completely collapses or molds over. Be expecting your female to loose a little weight; try to supplement this with wax worms or a pinkie when she is hungry, with a bit of calcium and vitamins on them. Good luck, and let us know if you have any more questions!

DaveCable

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!