Bad Guy "Jonny Escobar" exoticballs123@yahoo.com, Stealing pics and false claims. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
jltreptiles
"Jonny Escobar" exoticballs123@yahoo.com, Stealing pics and false claims.

I received an email from a previous customer about a guy posting my breeding and hatchling pictures of my Platty x Normal clutch. He had a post on a Miami craigslist and numerous other posts on various websites searchable under his email address. I contacted him from a different email address so he wouldn't recognize where it was coming from.

Long story short, he is claiming to have a Het Platty for sale that he produced. He also claims to have produced Platties and lessers in the same clutch. He is using my breeding pictures, my actual het platty picture and a few other platty pics of which I don't know who the real owners are.

I was trying to set up a trade deal to extract more information from him like his real name/address/phone number but he ceased communication so he likely figured out who I was. The first part of the email string contains the attachments that he sent me. Notice one of the pics is named platty x norm (my picture title!).

Just another scumbag in our industry stealing photos from others, claiming hets that aren't hets (he never sent an 'updated' picture of the het....which in reality he doesn't even have), and claiming to produce clutches he really didn't. I hope no one falls for this guy and his scam as you could lose a high dollar snake/cash for a normal female.

Here is the email string and I've attached a document with screen shots of his ad on craigslist:

Re: Ball Python Morph & Het!! (Miami)Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:05 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Jonny Escobar" <exoticballs123@yahoo.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: "Verizon Class" <jjmajoshy@yahoo.com>
Message contains attachments4 Files (372KB) | Download All
pdaddym1.jpg
platinum1.jpg
platty x norm.jpg
platty baby.jpg

To: Jonny Escobar <exoticballs123@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:50 PM
Subject: Re: Ball Python Morph & Het!! (Miami)

Yes, i can send you more. It will also have to be when i get home this evening.

--- On Wed, 6/27/12, Jonny Escobar <exoticballs123@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2012, 4:48 PM

sorry ive been a bit tied up but i will as soon as i get home today. can i get a couple more pics of the pied if possible?

Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:07 PM

Were you able to send the pictures that were in your craigslist add? I didn't receive any.

--- On Tue, 6/26/12, Jonny Escobar <exoticballs123@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 8:57 PM

that sounds real interesting. if you pop any of that crazy stuff be sure to contact me because i'll be interested for sure

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:55 PM

No kidding. I haven't seen that one yet. I did see the platty/pinstripe/pastel combo. That looked amazing.

Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 8:52 PM

i saw a platty daddy spider and it looked amazing.

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:49 PM

Likely a lesser combo. Not really sure yet.

Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 8:38 PM

shes real nice. what are you planning on pairing the het platty with?

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:09 PM

Ok cool. That'll work. I'll wait on your other pictures. I soaked the pied in warm water yesterday and got most of her shed off but this picture was on my phone. She looks much better without all the stuck shed.

Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 7:49 PM

im interested in the kingpin or the pied the most, they would fit the best in my breeding plans. im not really concerned with the bad shed. some warm water should do the trick.
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:14 PM

I was actually able to find some pictures on my phone of them. The pied had a bad shed in the pic. Pictures definitely came out darker, camera phone not quite as good. Let me know.

Re: Ball Python Morph & Het!! (Miami)Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:45 PM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Jonny Escobar" <exoticballs123@yahoo.com>Add sender to Contacts
lol of course not all. that would be crazy. i just want to see which them and make a choice you know. and i'll send the other pics from the ad when i get home, im at work right now

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:00 PM

Thanks for the updated pictures. Can you also send the ones that you had posted on craigslist? I believe you had 4 pictures on there but the post is expired now. I meant to send you the pics of my 3 snakes that you were interested in but didn't get a chance to last night. Had to work late. The fire het pied is a female. I should be able to send them tonight. You're not asking to trade for all of them right? Male kingpin 250 grams worth $900-$1000, female pied (high white) 750 grams worth $1500+, female fire het pied 1400+ grams worth $1500+.

To: <jjmajoshy@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, June 25, 2012, 5:58 PM

yea i produced them. i dont have many pics of the clutch but i have to look through my files on my computer at home. i am interested in the kingpin, female pied and fire het pied but i would like to know if the fire is male or female? and i understand what you mean about buying hets. i bought the big female het platty from a local breeder and i was so hesitant but it proved out lol i have a platty daddy that i held back from the clutch from the het for sale. i'll send pics tonight when i get home. please send pics and info of the snakes im interested in please. thank you. hope to hear from you soon.

Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 10:30 PM

Yeah I haven't seen any around for sale either. Kind of hesitant on buying hets in general though unless I'm getting them from the actual producer. Really would like to know if you produced this clutch. Can you send pictures of the entire clutch altogether? Also would still like updated pics of both parents. Babies I have available are male kingpin, male black pastel het pied, female albino, male adult pied, female sub-adult pied, female adult lesser, pastel, fire het pied, and pinstripe. Let me know if you're interested in any.

On Jun 24, 2012, at 8:18 PM, Jonny Escobar <exoticballs123@yahoo.com> wrote:

there were lessers, platties, and hets in the clutch. platties can run anywhere from 3-7 thousand but the hets im not sure because i havent seen many for sale. thats why im open to offers or trades. just list what you are willing to trade i guess. im looking more for juvies and babies than i a am adults though

Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 9:45 PM

Nice. What do you think she is worth? I'm interested in her but I haven't seen them posted so not sure on value. So did you produce the platties and the het platty that you have for sale? Please send more pics if both parents and updated pics of the het platty. Also, please send pics if the platty offspring. What kind of trade are you looking for?

On Jun 24, 2012, at 6:27 PM, Jonny Escobar <exoticballs123@yahoo.com> wrote:

those are the parents on the ad. i can send more pics tomorrow if you are interested and im looking for trades or cash offers so you can offer and we can work from there

To: exoticballs123@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:55 PM
Subject: Ball Python Morph & Het!! (Miami)

Hi there, I am interested in your Het Platty Daddy. How much are you asking and did you produce her yourself? If so, please send more updated pics/weight on her.

Thank you,
Justin

Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Will0W783
Can you attach the pictures he stole as well as links to your original pictures?

Old 07-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
jltreptiles
I've attached a screenshot of the email received from him with the attachments. When I get home, I'll do another screenshot of my files with the same pictures in it. I also attached Craigslist ad that shows a pic of my actual Het Platty on the scale and the breeding that produced her.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
jltreptiles
So here are the screenshots of my original pics of both the Platty breeding and my actual Het Platty. The exact pictures are bordered in a red rectangle. Notice there are multiple pics of the same scale, same background and different snakes. Also, I have actual video of the Normal female that was bred with the Platty actually laying her eggs.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!