Inquiry - LLL Reptile - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-11-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
Maurynna
Inquiry - LLL Reptile

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I have my eye on one of the captive-bred Guyanan Red Tailed Boas at LLLReptile.com. I've searched this forum and found both good and bad postings about this breeder, however they're a bit out of date. Does anyone have any more recent interaction experiences with LLLReptile? Are they a good place to buy from? Do they have warrantees that they honor well?

Thank you in advance,

-Amy King

Old 02-11-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
Tkreptile
I live just down the street from LLL reptile, I have purchased many animals, supplies and feeders from them. I have never had an issue with any of the animals, supplies or feeder. In fact I just ordered some Rat Pups yesterday and will be getting them on Thursday, Nice fast service.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:40 PM   #3
stormyva
I bought a couple of snakes from them at the Raleigh NC show last spring and they are doing great. I got them at a good price and they have been healthy problem free animals.

Old 02-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #4
clperk
not a breeder - a store

Hello,

I have bought things from the Raleigh NC show as well as online. It has been a mix bag of luck. several things that i picked up at the raleigh show died within the first 3 days.
2 dwarf chameleons - died the 1st week
1 female jacksons dead by 4th day.
Spider - still alive
2 monkey tailed skinks done thru mail - still alive and doing well.
I order crickets thru them and have bought several orders of stock.
I will say that SCott has been great about returning emails.
Always returned them...... talked about credit on some of it.. but i was slack and didnt follow thru ( my fault ).
I will say that i was empressed with Scott's email replies..

I have never had an issue with stock orders.

Old 02-23-2004, 12:51 AM   #5
sirenofthestorm
anyone purchase hognoses from LLL?

I'm thinking of getting ordering some for a friend who's also on the west coast to show him my gratitude for him (belatedly) fixing my computer - if and when he actually fixes it.

I know hognoses are notorious refusers of rodents, I was wondering if anyone has a hognose from LLL that's thriving well on mice. Thanx. -Whit

Old 02-23-2004, 02:13 AM   #6
RTBoas
yeah there good , i have done business with them before, fast service

Old 02-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #7
Pennebaker
Something to keep in mind with any large dealer like LLL is that they have a very wide variety of animals from many sources. Many people's "bad" experiences with dealers stem from the fact that the animal is wild caught and touchy to begin with. For example, the dwarf chameleons seem to be next to impossible to keep alive and even jacksons can be very touchy (especially depending on your location). That is the nature of the animal, and really should not reflect on LLL's business practices.

Dana

Old 02-23-2004, 05:03 PM   #8
PythonWallace
Bad Experience w/ LLL Reptile

I used to by crickets from LLL all the time, but I ordered a sub-adult female albino leopard gecko and 0.3 juv. striped leos from them about 3 years ago, and they were all very sick and dehydrated when they arrived. I ordered 3 stripes as advertised and I got 3 jungles, no stripes, and they were all very skinny and didn't eat anything. They all died within a couple of weeks. The albino dropped her tail after a week then died a couple of days later. That turned me off from ever using them again.

Jake Wallace

Old 02-23-2004, 09:34 PM   #9
BURMGUY4EVER
Thumbs up LLL

I purchased a Guyana Red tail from LLL last August at the SLC Wasatch Reptile show.

He was healthy, mite free, tame and ate anything you threw in front of him! I have nothing but good things to say about LLL, they are nice people and seem to have great animals. Not that it has anything to do with animals, but I have also ordered supplies from them which got her fast and fine as well Hope this helps!

Old 02-24-2004, 07:04 PM   #10
SouthernDragons
I just recieved a purchase today!

So this past weekend I did a little GTP shopping, I was looking for a pair, I saw LLL Reptiles had a sub adult pair for sale. I decided to order since I didnt get a pair from a another source. Well it turns out they only had the female. Crap! I didnt really want her, i wanted a pair, but I went with it. I received today after I order it yesterday. SHe's beautiful green, well mannered, and seems to adjusting to her new setup. ONLY THING I DID NOT LIKE IS THE KINK IN THE TAIL. They told me she had a slight KINK, well I would just say its a slight KINK, its kinda of (oh hell, its very noticable) I hope they didnt mess her up when they probed when she was younger. (thats what they lady over the phone at LLL reptiles told me) THe chick, (dont recall her name said, I shouldnt worry she will be able to breed for me (I bought them for breeding purposes) anyhow the packaging was great, and the animal came in at 9:50am exact. WOW, anyways thats all I have to say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!