Whats with the lack of responses? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-18-2004, 07:37 PM   #1
ChaosCat
Whats with the lack of responses?

Ok, so people place ads for stuff for sale, and then don't bother to respond, or just respond a couple times and then fall off the face of the planet.

How does anyone do business this way? People, please. When you place an ad, at least respond when someone contacts you. If the item/items are sold, REMOVE THE AD or put up another one saying the items are sold.

I don't know about anyone else's point of view, but leaving prospective customers hanging is no way to do good business.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:04 PM   #2
BryonsBoas
It goes the other way as well

I hate when people contact me Wanting an animal and when i respond they don't.

Bryon Adzic

Old 02-18-2004, 09:07 PM   #3
ChaosCat
I should have mentioned that side too, I've had that happen several times this year already.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:11 PM   #4
dwedeking
Not to make excuses for anyone but one thing I had happen recently to me. Make sure the subject line of your email is something that relates to what your asking about. Subjects that are generic as "Hi", "Question", "Order" are also being used by viruses and spammers. I've accidently deleted two emails this last week and when they were resent they had generic subject lines like above or some that are similiar to spam email I'm getting. Try something like "Chameleon Ad on KS", etc.

Old 02-18-2004, 09:14 PM   #5
ChaosCat
I usually do that, as I've had emails sent to me from here that include ONLY the subject line, and nothing else. I'm not sure if its my email program that removes the body of the message, or if its the software on fauna that does it. All I get is the subject line and "this was sent from faunaclassifieds.com" or something along those lines.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:18 AM   #6
bpc
One other thing to consider

I know that MANY times I get a message saying I have an email or private message from someone on this site, and when I go to retrieve it, I can't. It's probably something I am doing wrong, but I don't know what. Remember that not everyone is comfortable on computers, yet, unfortunately, they sometimes must use them in order to stay competitive. Try the phone!

Old 02-19-2004, 10:34 AM   #7
Pennebaker
I agree that it stinks when people leave you hanging (either side of the table).

I will say to try more than once, and maybe two different ways (phone, email, or two different email accounts)--cyberspace is not always the most reliable. I've had people tell me that my email doesnt go through on certain days, and I get a lot of invalid addresses (what seem to be typos) or full mailboxes when trying to respond to inquiries.

dana

Old 02-19-2004, 12:21 PM   #8
WebSlave
I would suggest that people put as much contact information as possible within their ads. If someone really wants to buy what you are offering, they WILL get in touch with you.

As far as private messages are concerned, make sure your profile has the correct time zone for you. I believe the default is for the PM system to display the messages sent to you within the current day. If you have the time zone incorrect, it will not display those messages that it thinks were sent yesterday. As an alternative, you could select the option to show messages FROM THE BEGINNING, so ALL messages will be displayed.

Old 02-19-2004, 09:26 PM   #9
KNOBTAIL
It is for this reason,

that when we offer items for sale, regardless of what emails we receive, whoever pays us first is the purchaser. This way we dont get dissapointed with people who seem to make a habit out of purchasing something with nothing to pay with.

As an added incentive, if you express the monies, we will deduct that amount from the freight. This seems to work as our sales have been more directed to the serious buyer. Hopes this info helps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!