Good Guy Serpentarium, Lodi CA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
wbgill
Serpentarium, Lodi CA

The Great Valley Serpentarium – The truth and nothing but the truth. This is a good example of
“things are not always what they seem to be”. Robert and Marci Coral did not “steal” the Serpentarium. First of all, they had no idea that I had transferred their name to the property. When I did, it raised a red flag and the State of California investigated it and found that a business was also attached to the property. At this point both Robert and myself became victims of the State and they owned the business and property. When I told Robert that I placed the property in their name he immediately tried to get his name off and he explained the situation to me about his bankruptcy. The State forced Robert to close the business for two weeks and was not allowed inside the facility. At this time, Robert had no income but he continued to care for the animals even though they were no longer his. The State couldn't care less about the live stock. When the State put the property/business up for sale, Robert, as a desperate resort, asked his mother for help, who is in her later years and out of debt. She was able to take out a second on their home to purchase the Serpentarium. Nor Robert or I own the Serpentarium today but at least we have it back. Robert makes payments to his mom. I have to thank Robert's mom for putting herself in to a financial hardship to help.
You know, Robert and Marci could have walked away from the whole mess and left me with absolutely nothing, but they didn't. They are truly good people and I thank them for saving the Serpentarium. It is something I can always be a part of and they have continued to keep it a very presentable and exciting place to visit. Thank you Robert and Marci and I apologize for all the harassment that you had to endure. I look forward to my next visit to a place created by my dreams. The truth and nothing but the truth. To all you reptile enthusiast out there, thank you for your concerns and support. I was able to write this after meeting with Robert and Marci last night, 9/18/2012.
Bill Gillingham, billgillingham@sbcglobal.net (yes, this is the real Bill Gillingham)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!